1985 Mustang-How do I convert the carburetor into an EFI system.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1985 Mustang-How do I convert the carburetor into an EFI system.?

Does anyone know I heard I will need a fuel pump, fuel filter, intake manifold, and electronics.
sydeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

you will need to purchase a full EFI conversion kit. It will be very pricey... This includes the pump, manifold, injectors, pretty much everything.
Shop around and find one that is compatible with the 85 mustang. Or just try upgrading your carburetor. It will be a fraction of the cost and will deliver good results. While your at it, you could install a new cam and lifters and new cylinder heads and it would still be way cheaper than a full EFI conversion kit.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ain't worth it. You would be money and performance ahead to trade it off for a newer one with factory EFI. You will not likely ever get it to run right in hot weather and cold, idling and full throttle, The electronics and the associated sensors, OMG. Good luck in getting it to pass a state emissions tests. Bad idea. Some people dumb down a highly modified EFI engine back to carburetors to get them to run right. You would need expert level understanding to pull it off, and then it would not be cheap.,
berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

a fat wallet, and true love for the car also. You may need to get a computer, some chips, you may end up doin a million mods to the engine itself in order for it to be able to accept the fuel injection. Dude you are looking at some work. you may as well get an engine that is already set up for EFI, or DPI, to save some time, and possibly money. this may be near impossible.
aswynn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No offense if it anit broke dont fix it. Your gonna shell out some serious coinage to make that transition.
dumont75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1985 mustang