I have a 1992 mustang GT. and everytime i push down the brake pedal it squeaks. whats wrong? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #1

I have a 1992 mustang GT. and everytime i push down the brake pedal it squeaks. whats wrong?

it only happens when I push down or release the brake. do I need to just lube the brake pedal or what?
Adalard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 1992 mustang GT. and everytime i push down the brake pedal it squeaks. whats wrong?

are we talking pedal In the car? or actual brake pad squeak? pedal can be temporarily;y tested by spraying a bit of WD40 onto pivot joint.
if brake squeak? check anti-squeal shims are in place and condition of brake mechanism and pads.
delmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #3

LOL i get a kick out of some people, can no one read the additional note lol??? If the brakes and rotors are new you must of went and got a better brand of brakes then the ones that came with the car. They are breaking in that's why they squeak right off the bat. The person that put the rotors on did not whip them off with brake cleaner they come with a little oil on them so they do not rust on the shelf. If this keeps happening for anymore than a couple weeks take the car back to whomever and demand they look it over for FREE, this is there problem not yours. Hope this helps some than not reading everything and saying YOUR BREAKS ARE BAD lol. Shows the knowledge of some people on here answering questions lol. Good Day
marlon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It could be dry backing plates on the rears. If the mounting pads (where the shoes ride against) loose the lube and the rears are out of adjustment, sometimes they will squeak as they move back and forth. Take the rear drums off, clean and adjust the rear brakes and lube the backing plates. Otherwise it may be a vibration squeak from aftermarket pads.
bizahalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It probably means that it's time to change the pads on the brakes. Brake pads have a layer that squeaks when it's time to change them.
Treabhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If you just had them changed, you could have crystallized the brakes. If they got hot and hit water
daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

MAYBE THE FUC­­KING BRAKES ARE BAD
primo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1992 mustang