I want to sell my 1984 mustang svo!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #1

I want to sell my 1984 mustang svo!?

i have a 1984 mustang svo in reallly good condition ...its been by baby since i was 16 and i really hate to sell it but i have to buy a truck for work :/..juss wondering if any of you ford enthusiast's can give me a clue of what to sell it for....or what to expect to get
car is mostly stock
exept for...the paint (dark cherry red) on black cobra rims..stage 3 clutch...banks t3t4 turbo...front mount intecooler..35lb fuel injectors and a blow off valve....cobra racing seats ..thats about it but i have all of the stock parts for it...car works perfect!...im hoping to get at least 3800 for it ...is that good?
imported_Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

hey johnny I looked on nada guide, and for a stock 84 svo if you want to get a more accurate price guesstimate, we need more information such as engine, the 302 adds 15% so a bare bones stock mustang is 6,900 with the 302 adding 15% 7,935 is what that works out too. I understand that you have custom paint and added a stage 3 clutch and banks turbo with intercooler, this would detract from the price for a die hard mustang guy who wants the bone stock 20 year anniversary edition. (which is good news for you by the way, Personally I understand and appreciate all the work and time and parts you have into the car, However, just keep this in mind when writing an add, no matter how fast the car is, you don't want it to sound like a full blown race car that was whipped on every friday night at the local drags, so as you are researching other adds and price guides look for ways to make the vehicle sound attractive, but not so high performance it was hot rodded. And there are people who would walk away just because you were sixteen when you got the car. (when it comes to selling performance parts on sports cars, people are funny as hell and the ad can make it easier to sell if it is written correctly.
check all the places you can that sell cars, and this can really help give you an idea of what it is worth, things like a clear title are a good idea, and if you have a good mechanic who is familiar with the car, and has a good reputation in your local area, go down talk to the guy and get a good inspection done for 75 or 100 bucks with some good information. why you ask? ( BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE DON'T, THIS MAY HELP AS A SELLING POINT! ) or I could be wrong! anyhow, tonight I am going to check nada, so www.nada.com type that in your web search box click on consumer, click on classic cars click on sports cars and look for your ford mustang. options like air conditioning add to the price I will check www.hemmings.com next this is a online car magazine, that has a huge following in the car world and has world wide roots when it comes to cars, I have cross checked prices on nada, with hemmings motor news, and found them to be right on the money. so a 5.0 with 56k 1984 is selling for 6,995 that's pretty close to nada and there was only one 84, so next Im going to www.autotraderclassics.com this is part of autotrader, which is another big seller of all kinds of things, cars boats planes motorcycles and RVs so lets see what is cooking there.well found some mustangs, but no 84 which in a way makes them kind of rare on one hand. I checked 83 and 85 to see what the prices were, and 6 to 7 grand seems to be about where nada, hemmings and auto trader are at. looks like the 3800 you talked about is a fair price, and if its a nice mustang you should be able to sell it by finding the right buyer. the higher you go up with the price, the harder it is to find someone with 6 grand or more. I live in portland oregon, I sure hope you don't from the standpoint of selling a good used car. this is not the best town for classic sports cars. With the economy like it is, the people that sell are selling below what the vehicles are worth, so another reason your price is attractive. In the end, you decide, you can always go down, but you cant go up. good luck hope this helped some.
cheng-gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

it's evident Dick doesn't know what a SVO is. They don't have any engine option. the only engine they come with is the 2.3 Liter turbo. and Nada is why to high on their values for the 80's Mustangs.
Elishama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

look i have bought an 82 for 600 great motor great trans horrible everything else. for u i would start at around 4500. u can easily get that much just make sure u sell the car when u talk to potential buyers u have to think of random stuff that might even be stock on the car just tell them u did it and added hp it may be a little messed up but hell if there stupid enough to believe it they will give u 4500 cash. good luck
tedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would start a little higher so you have room to come down.. that does sound reasonable as long as there is no rust and it's in decent shape..

OLD CARS PRICE GUIDE has it at $3360 in #3 condition. it all depends on the mileage and condition, I sold a low mileage 42K for $8000 and a high mileage slightly modified for $3k.. they are a desirable car and there is a market, you just have to find it..

Try http://craigslist.com and http://ebaymotors.com
imported_Diandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Looked it up and the highest one was $5999 but average was a little over $1500
kinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

that should be good whats the millage.
nell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1984 mustang