1988 Ford Mustang GT - under 47,000 original miles FOR SALE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
Region: Texas
1988 Ford Mustang GT - under 47,000 original miles FOR SALE

Unfortunately, I have the car up for sale locally on Auto Trader and Craig’s List. My wife and I are looking to buy a house and are going to use a portion of the sale money for a down payment. I also own a 1984 Mustang SVO with under 82,000 original that is being stored at my parents house in Arizona. If I didn’t have the SVO, I wouldn’t even think about selling the ‘88 GT. I am planning on bringing the SVO to Texas when I have a garage for storage. My wife says that one Mustang at a time is enough (for now).

Please let me know if anyone in your circles has any interest in purchasing this car. I am asking $11,000, but willing to negotiate with right buyer, especially a Ford/Mustang enthusiast that will provide a good home for the car. I can provide pictures or any other information. I can be reached by phone at 940-735-1945 or e-mail at keith.schobert@unt.edu

The car is in remarkable condition, even though it has not been garage kept since purchasing the car in 2003. However, I have kept the car covered religiously since taking ownership.

5.0L, Automatic w/ overdrive, Sport Seats w/ power lumbar supports, AC (converted to R-134a), AM/FM stereo, bright regatta blue and titanium exterior, grey cloth interior, original “turbine” style wheels, K&N air filter, Optima red-top battery, Llumar tinted windows, clean Texas title – tags through June 2008 and inspection through July 2008. VIN #: 1FABP42E9JF129170.

Driven daily the last 4 years for 10 mile round trip commute to work since moving to Texas from Kansas.

2 owner car (I have owned since 2003, original owner purchased car from Gresham Ford in Portland, OR) – well documented with original window sticker and purchase receipts/warranty information from original owner w/ purchase date, owner’s manual, matching VIN decals on all body panels except drivers door, original keys, mustang sales brochures from 1987 and 1988, Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine 1987-93 Mustang GT Buyer’s Guide (April 2007 issue), all service records and receipts except oil changes from 2003-present.

Excellent condition and well maintained inside and out – Garage kept by original owner, covered since 2003 except for when parked at my work place, serviced twice a year or every 3,000 miles w/ Mobil 1 10X30 synthetic oil, Kumho Ecsta ASX tires a year old with less than 3,000 miles (purchased from Discount Tire Co. w/ warranty), routine tune-ups, routine coolant flush and fills, routine transmission and power steering flush and fills, tires balanced and rotated, alignment.

Minor modifications and service all done by professionals – KYB GR2 struts, KYB rear quad shocks, Ford Racing rear upper control arms, sub-frame connectors welded w/ seat stud mounts, MAC 2.5 in. cat-back exhaust, Goodyear silicone radiator and heater hoses, Ford Racing 9mm plug wires and harnesses, Autolite double-platinum spark plugs, Ford Racing cap and rotor kit, Motorcraft 190 degree thermostat and gasket, Goodyear drive and AC belts, Motorcraft AC O-ring kit, Moroso valve cover gaskets, Motorcraft ignition module, Motorcraft EFI upper intake manifold gasket, Motorcraft PVC valve, Motorcraft low coolant sensor and reservoir, high performance rack and pinion (15:1 ratio).

Original appearance inside and out – minor modifications listed do not detract from originality of car. I have all service records from work listed and receipts for all parts. Drivers door replaced after fender bender in 2005 – drivers mirror and interior door panel and molding kept from original door, have VIN/trim tag from original drivers door (kept in glove box). Paint work done on drivers side after installation of new door – all other paint is original. No dents or dings and some small paint defects from age. Immaculate interior – rear seats have not been sat in since taking ownership, passenger seat rarely used.

Extras – Two car covers, original distributor cover, bright regatta blue touch up paint.

No surprises with this car, Fox body Mustangs this clean are hard to find – Must see to appreciate. I searched for this one for a couple of years. Pictures available upon request.
kschobert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT