My 1995 mustang is leaking oil ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

My 1995 mustang is leaking oil ?

My mstang is leaking oil i check the transmission oil and engine oil everyday and there both always full i just baught the car and never needed new oil but it leaks from somewhere, idk where tho, the oil is kinda black brown does anyone know where it can be from?

the car still runs great and fast doesnt over heat what can it be?
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You didn't state if your Mustang is a V6 or a V8.
ahiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

while it could definitely be a bad oil pan gasket one thing you could do is check to see if its coming from the oil drain plug. Also if you get under the car you might be able to snug up the bolts on the oil pan a little. Just snug them up a little otherwise you may cause it to leak more it you get them to tight

Just out of curiosity is that rubber plug about 1 1/4 inch diameter with a steel washer and bolt through the middle? If it is that is a replacement freeze plug and it is on the block not the oil pan. I think id get under there with some break cleaner and rags and clean all the oil you can off of the pan then see where exactly the oil is coming from. They do make some aftermarket semi rubber oil plugs and if its loose and oil came out of it tighten it up and see
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

It is most likely a leaking oil pan seal. It really isn't a big deal, nor is it difficult to fix. You could do it yourself pretty easily if you had proper tools (proper support which is not a jack stand). A mechanic wouldn't charge much to do a job like that.

A good way to check is to see where the oil is. If its all over the bottom of the pan, then its probably coming from somewhere around the pan.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #5

I've ran through this problem once. I ended up going to Jiffy lube to check the oil pan under the car and they found that the oil drain plug was loose. They tighten up the plug and since then my car has not leaked. This was all free by the way. I would suggest going to a place like jiffy lube to help you diagnose the leak because they have that work area under the car where they can clearly see the oil pan.

Hope this helps.
Lynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #6

Put your car on an angle.jack it up from front or park on hill.
if it leaks faster or slower its the oil pan.

If it leaks only when parked and car is off it is pan.

If it leaks while running it is your main seal. Not the cheapest to fix.I had a eclipse and it cost me 300.00 to 400.00.Might be cheaper since its rear wheel drive
imported_Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
1995 mustang