1990 Steeda performance package? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
1990 Steeda performance package?

I recently bought a 1989 mustang 5.0 and the previous owner sent it to Steeda for upgrades. i would like if someone could explain to me what changes have been done and what effect they have on the car. Here are the list of upgrades that have been done.

1)Steeda H.O. Engine package
2)1 set friction (low) roller bearing rocker arms
3)Revised water pump and alternator pulley diameters
4)High flow air intake and filter
5)65mm throttle body
6)improved upper intake plenum
7)SVO 1-5/8" stainless steel headers
8)Fine tuned ECCU and ignition system

if someone could explain to me what 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8 are and what effect they have.

Thank you

cuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
Registered Member

1 is just a basic package i.e.. free flowing exhaust, cold air intake and so on
#2 last guy pretty much nailed it, im sure he knew what he was talking about but the lifters roll over the roller cam duration and with each rod rolling getting pushed out opens and closes valves via roller rockers.
#3 you have underdrive pulleys, the brankshaft is attached to a harmonic balancer then to a pully, that pully is attached to a serpatine belt turning all the other pullys, with these pullys altered in size, the crank shaft does not have as much as a parlistic drag(doesnt have to work as hard)
#5 that is just the inside diamenter of the throttle body, yours is alittle bit bigger, thats one thing where bigger is not always better, open your mouth halfway and then all the way while sucking in would be one example.
#6 plenum is that cover that is bolted by four allen head screw going into your upper intake manifold? not 100% sure what that mean.
#8 meant that the tuned the car to get the best out of i,t from your mods

bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #3

I'll do one:
Roller rockers - The push rod comes up off the cam & pushes against the rocker arm. The rocker arm reverses the motion back down to the valves. Rockers are like little teeter-totters, so one end goes up & the other end goes down, pivoting in the middle. Where the rocker arm contacts the valve stem, the rocker tip wipes across the tip of the valve stem in an arc as the valve stem goes down, causing friction. A roller rocker has a small roller built into that tip, so instead of wiping across the valve stem, the roller just rolls, eliminating that friction. That small amount of friction, multiplied by sixteen valves, can increase the temperature of the engine oil. The roller rocker is more efficent at transferring the motion then the factory rocker.
Brone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT