Question about my 1982 carburetor? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #1

Question about my 1982 carburetor?

i have a 1982 mustang with a re manufactured motor craft carburetor. it is Single barrel, i am not sure but i think it is the 2700 v v but i don't have an id tag for it. i was wondering if anyone had a picture or diagram for the tuning screws. i know where the fast idle and slow idle screws are but i can't seem to find the air to fuel mixture screw to adjust it. i have had it adjusted before but now it is running rich again, last time i had it tuned the guy knew where the screw was but i cannot figure out where it is. i have searched the bottom of the carb and haven't found it. i also looked on the sides and top in case it may be placed differently. if anyone knows anything about these carbs please let me know i really need to adjust it.
Henrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If this is a single barrel carb, and it's correct for the car, its a Holley 1946 series. (The 2700 is a two-barrel...) A good service manual will be able to help you determine the screw locations, and also which carb you actually have..... No carb cleaner label I have ever seen shows a diagram of carb adjusting screws, so I don't see how THAT little piece of "advice" is gonna help.
ann15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You should not have to fool with these adjustments. Probably you have oil vapor goo that get into the idling system. HERE IS THE ANSWER. Find a place that carries Amsoil products. Buy a can of their Foaming Cleaner. Use it's nozzle;e to apply to every possible orifice of the carb. Use Gum-out spray, as well. Start by power washing your entire engine bay. THe foaming cleaner is like a carburettor rebuilder in a spray can. You can actually SEE it working, it's AMAZING!!
mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #4

Go to the public library and see if they have some old Chiltons or Motors Manuals. You should be able to make a copy of the carb adjustment page.
imported_Garth is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT