Where should i go next ? Thow in your opinon - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Where should i go next ? Thow in your opinon

These are my known mods I'm getting shocks and struts soon I'm thinking tokios blues and this is what I have on my car that I know of bought it couple months ago......
Mac long tube headers
Bbk shorty h pipes
Flow master 40 series mufflers
24 pound injectors
Cobra intake manifold
Bbk 70mm thotle body
Ac delete
3 inch cowl hood with hood pins
5 lug conversion
American racing 17" rims
Spark plug wires
Short shifter
The420fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

This is what my engine looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1674631928.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	87490  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Do you know if you have a different rear end gears? 3.73, 4.10, ect. I would do gears next if you dont already have them done and then heads and cam next. What head and cam combo will want depends on what the car is used for, how much power you are looking for and your future goals. They should also be matched up to work well with your intake.
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The420fox View Post
These are my known mods I'm getting shocks and struts soon I'm thinking tokios blues and this is what I have on my car that I know of bought it couple months ago......
Mac long tube headers
Bbk shorty h pipes
24 pound injectors
Cobra intake manifold
Bbk 70mm thotle body
Ac delete
5 lug conversion
American racing 17" rims
Spark plug wires
Short shifter
What is Ac delete and spark plug wires?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Road Trip!

A/C delete means the air conditioning equipment has been removed. And spark plug wires are...... spark plug wires. But he probably means they are upgraded wires, MSD, Ford Racing, ect.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
A/C delete means the air conditioning equipment has been removed. And spark plug wires are...... spark plug wires. But he probably means they are upgraded wires, MSD, Ford Racing, ect.
Yea I know spark plug wires are well just wires I copied and pasted all of the things I saw someone has put in the car and been taking notes as i got under and around the car better after looking at what it had and what he was saying it had when selling it did not match up? So I think previous owner didn't know much and it was the owner before him who did this

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Do you know if you have a different rear end gears? 3.73, 4.10, ect. I would do gears next if you dont already have them done and then heads and cam next. What head and cam combo will want depends on what the car is used for, how much power you are looking for and your future goals. They should also be matched up to work well with your intake.
I was going to lift my back end when I had another nice day out so I can see what gears I have. It may have gears I have been thinking it might

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

What is Ac delete and spark plug wires?
I didn't see you asking this I thought it was intended towards me

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote:
If my car is a daily driver weekend drags what is a good head and cam combo for it?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0
+1 gears should be the first mod to any mustang imo.

I would go with trickflow topend kit. Great bang for your buck with nearly 125+ hp increase.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post

+1 gears should be the first mod to any mustang imo.

I would go with trickflow topend kit. Great bang for your buck with nearly 125+ hp increase.
I been hearing good things bout the trick flow twisted wedge heads or the afr heads.... Ill lift my car today to check for gears before I head into work today......correct me if I'm wrong spin the tire once count how many times the driveshaft spins?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:

I been hearing good things bout the trick flow twisted wedge heads or the afr heads.... Ill lift my car today to check for gears before I head into work today......correct me if I'm wrong spin the tire once count how many times the driveshaft spins?
You got it! Mark the driveshaft some where and make one full spin of the tire
Old 01-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I think I have stock gears like 2.73's or something (guessing from how many turns it did) but look how this idiot set up the muffler

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1104385703.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	87662

It's scraping the drive line smh....
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Mac long tube headers
Bbk shorty h pipes
24 pound injectors
Cobra intake manifold
Bbk 70mm thotle body
Ac delete
5 lug conversion
American racing 17" rims
Spark plug wires
Short shifter
Cam and heads!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Personally I would go with AFR heads over trickflow, just my opinion. Any of the ford racing cams will work good with what you have. I would also port that cobra intake as well.
Cobrarunnin9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrarunnin9s View Post
Personally I would go with AFR heads over trickflow, just my opinion. Any of the ford racing cams will work good with what you have. I would also port that cobra intake as well.
+1 port the intake to match whatever heads your deciding to use!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrarunnin9s View Post
Yea I was thinking about but undecided on the afr heads as well thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94 View Post

Cam and heads!
Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Just remember that afr heads aren't as friendly with aftermarket cams. They will usually require notched pistons. Especially if you go with the afr 185s.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking the 165s ok thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420fox
I was thinking the 165s ok thanks
Even they gave less clearance than the trickflow. That was my ultimate decider when I chose my heads. But with the 165s I think you can stay under 500 lift depending on duration and prolly be allright.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Can you explains what it means by I should stay under 500 lift? I'm newish to this and would be thankful to any info you can share so I can have a better idea whats going on lol
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Can you explains what it means by I should stay under 500 lift? I'm newish to this and would be thankful to any info you can share so I can have a better idea whats going on lol
I use 500 very loosely. Depending on cam duration the afr heads are more likely to have the valves interfere with the pistons. The trickflow have this problem less because the valves are more centered in the combustion chamber. Whenever installing heads or cams piston to valve clearance should always be checked. If not and there is interference it could lead to catostrophic failure.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks after all this the twisted wedge heads are sounding better cheaper and easier to work with
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ok thanks after all this the twisted wedge heads are sounding better cheaper and easier to work with
That was my conclusion to. But if are gonna run a small or stock cam then I wouldn't sweat it. also if you wanna change or have the pistons notched then it doesn't matter either.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks a lot this was a lot of help dreamstang. I'm more undecided now between them cuz I'm leaning back to the tricks flows now lol well since I ran into some exhaust issues with whoever installed them rubbing my driveline think ill fix that throw in some gears and make a choice in heads i think trick flows 170s so I can run a bigger cam without issues. Now on to cams if I run the trick flows what the difference between ford racing e303& x303 or the z303s or would a trick flow can work better with a trick flow head?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Thanks a lot this was a lot of help dreamstang. I'm more undecided now between them cuz I'm leaning back to the tricks flows now lol well since I ran into some exhaust issues with whoever installed them rubbing my driveline think ill fix that throw in some gears and make a choice in heads i think trick flows 170s so I can run a bigger cam without issues. Now on to cams if I run the trick flows what the difference between ford racing e303& x303 or the z303s or would a trick flow can work better with a trick flow head?
Dont feel bad. I change my mind about what i want for my car 4-5 times a day lol. Look those cams up on summit racings web site, or any other company that carries them, and read their specs. It will give you their lift, duration, rpm range, ect.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Keaton5.0 ill be doin some research tonight if I don't get off work to late see if I can make my mind up on what direction I'm going with this .....I'm almost tempted to just get another 5.0 before I start putting a lot more money in my current one I'd like to have another stang that I don't care to much for the looks (sleeper) just a toy to try different stuff on not in as good condition as mine :/ so I won't mess anything up wile learning to tinker on theses and regret it. it just took over half a year to find a 5.0 in decent condition and low miles and for what I was trying to pay for it.....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Doing a heads and cam swap really isnt a difficult task. And it would really pull everything already on your car together. Maybe you could pick up another complete motor cheap and take it apart and put it back together to see for yourself how everything works. There really isnt a whole lot to them. It would be a cheaper route than buying another car but then again the only thing better than one stang is two stangs!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Doing a heads and cam swap really isnt a difficult task. And it would really pull everything already on your car together. Maybe you could pick up another complete motor cheap and take it apart and put it back together to see for yourself how everything works. There really isnt a whole lot to them. It would be a cheaper route than buying another car but then again the only thing better than one stang is two stangs!
Lol my thought exactly lol
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Gears, udps, cam, heads, nitros.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1rbc View Post
Gears, udps, cam, heads, nitros.
Wouldn't do the underdrive pulleys. They'll cause charging issues, etc. I just got a set for free and I am going to chunk them!
91notchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91notchback View Post

Wouldn't do the underdrive pulleys. They'll cause charging issues, etc. I just got a set for free and I am going to chunk them!
Yea I herd those tend to have problems it's rare people don't run into problems with those it actually seems like.....there's a lot of used ones people sell on Craigslist because of this I would rather just stay away from them and I'm ok off running nitrous not for my DD...gears cams heads is what it looks like plus some shocks n struts...
Any ideas for good brake upgrades?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT