347 stroker - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
347 stroker

So I was driving my 88 GT(which I just bought a couple weeks back from a small dealership) today when at the gas station I run across this strange looking fellow starting at me and my car. I think to myself, "maybe he knows the owner?, maybe he used to be the owner!?" Sure enough he had owned the car prior to myself. We chat for a moment and he proceeds to tell me it has a 347 stroker in it. I think to myself "hahahaha this thing feels stock to me" but then later I start to think that maybe he was being truthful and perhaps due to all stock top end, MAF, 19lb injectors, stock upper and lower intake and stock headers and exhaust may be the reason for it feeling "stock"?

This is where you guys come in; won't there be notches in the block near where the rods go past the crank wall? I did notice that my car has a lot more low end grunt and no top end when compared to my brothers stock 89 LX 5.0. Could this be due to all stock top end?

In any case I need to find out for sure before I go and spend a bunch of money that I may not have to.

Fingers crossed that I can figure it out and it truly is a 347!
Xofferick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
It would be hard to say. Yes there should be knotches but you wouldn't be able to see Them with some disassembly. You either need to pull the heads or pull the oil pan.

If you pull the numbers of the crank you should be able to find out the specs. That would tell you what your looking for.

The other way is to measure the bore and stroke. This is gonna be the most accurate way. I forget what stock is but I think its 4.00" bore and 3.00" stroke. But just run the piston up and down to measure stroke and them measure the bore with an inside Mic.

I am willing to bet its prolly not a 347 if it still has the stock topend, but you never know. Good luck.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Cool thank you for the info!
Xofferick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Your welcome.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT