Carb guys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Carb guys

I was running my motor and I got a flame for a split second come out of the carb. The car runs pig rich I know the jet is maxed out how I got the carb changing the jets very soon but I was just wondering could running rich cause the carb to do that I am new to the carb thing
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Timing
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Timing is dead on I have gas in it regular but it's from September and I have the timing set to trickflow specs
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #4

Region: Hawaii
Running really rich will do that I've had it happen a couple of times as well could have also been a misfire so check your plugs and make sure their all good also if your running rich you would need to dial back the timing a little bit not much but some timing needs to be set for how rich the fuel is its really up to you at this point I would check the plugs first and make sure their good first if they are then you could either adjust the timing a tiny bit or lean It out a little either one should fix your issue
67Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
If the jet is maxed out you maynot be able to fix it until you change them. But what is your fuel pressure set at? I would set it at 6 psi and the timing at about 12 until you get smaller jets.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I figured it out a couple plug were failed took them out wire brushed them and bam running good but jets are coming down tonight
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

We went down two sizes on the front of the carb and blocked the power valve off run a nice and crisp

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT