Curious about exhaust opinions... (94/95GT) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Curious about exhaust opinions... (94/95GT)

So one of the first jobs ill be doing on my 95 GT is changing the entire exhaust system. Now ive had a dig around on 50resto, summit etc. and it all more or less seems to be the same.
I quiet like the pypes violator kit. Would be done with BBK long tubes and o/r x-pipe. I like the sound etc. But im still looking for somethig a bit 'different' and 'unique'. Any reccomendations...? Has anyone purchased a kit or a set up that sounds like no other?
scott_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I can honestly say my setup with stock manifolds, O/R X, and dumped Magnaflow Bulletts sounds loud and "different." I'd say any Straight through muffler and X pipe will sound pretty good...except SLP LM1s. They sound like a Z71. Remember that the BBK LTs will give you a deeper sound as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
where should i be looking for thay deep idle. yet slightly raspy high end? ive convinced myself long tubes will give it that raspy high end. as this is what ive seen on cars ive worked on in the past...
scott_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Yea man I got an or hpipe and flow 10s and I was going for that classical muscle car sound and I got it . Ooo and just to let you know 94 and 95 come with oem shorty headers and not a constrictive manifold
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had a 95 GT with Bassani Equal length shorty's, MAC off road with stock ford mufflers. kind of a wierd set up but it Sounded Awesome! Quiet when idleing but when you got on it, it just got louder and louder. It was a bit raspy at high RPM but not to annoying. Its the only time I have ever seen a dog jump from a car reving. Lol. The exhaust was sitting behind edebrock perfomer heads, Performer PRM intake and an e303 cam which helped the sound a bit. I have never heard any mustang sound like that and I got compliments on it all the time.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Im runnin bbk lt's, bbk or xpipe, and slp loudmouths. It has a good deep idle n raspy sound when u get on it. Its pretty dang loud. Tfs 1 cam and edlebrock heads def. made a difference also.
Finchms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchms
Im runnin bbk lt's, bbk or xpipe, and slp loudmouths. It has a good deep idle n raspy sound when u get on it. Its pretty dang loud. Tfs 1 cam and edlebrock heads def. made a difference also.
Yeah, when I put my trickflow heads on my exhaust became considerably louder for sure.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchms View Post
+1 that's what I'm running with Bassani o/r x pipe and 40series flowmasters and it's mean!!!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mac pro h pipes sound awsome on the 5.0. Its not like a raspy x-pipe and gives a deep muscular sound. My old 93 cobra had one with BBK equal shorties and flowmaster catback. IMO nothing compairs to the mac prochamber for sound.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I'm running summit brand shorties I scored brand new for 30$ off eBay. I cut off my cats myself and welded in a set of 10 series flowmasters dumped. It sounds amazing and for the whole entire exhaust I'm less than 150$ in.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust