EGR - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
EGR

I was wondering if anyone has any helpful advice on doing an egr delete... My life has gotten SUPER busy lately and all of a sudden my fox decided to crap out on me again. So I need to simplify my setup an that involves removing crap I dont need. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the useful information sticky...
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Block off plate for the valve and weld the header. I'm not sure on the sensor itself. I'm under the impression that if you unplug it, no codes will pop up. I plan on doing this soon as well. Someone else wanna chime in?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Then can I just tear out all those hoses and vacume lines that run along the passenger side? Should I bypass the Smog Pump with a belt or let it spin freely? Can I plug off the coolant that runs through the EGR spacer?
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post
Then can I just tear out all those hoses and vacume lines that run along the passenger side? Should I bypass the Smog Pump with a belt or let it spin freely? Can I plug off the coolant that runs through the EGR spacer?
Yes you can do away with the vac lines and do away with the coolant to egr lines. You will need this: http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/prod...-egr-block-off to block off the whole. And this: http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/products/egr-eliminator to plug into the wiring harness to keep your car from running in open loop and looking for that egr valve. I would ditch the smog system altogether.
91notchback is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT