Rear Brake upgrades on a fox - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rear Brake upgrades on a fox

I was thinking of doing a rear wheel disk upgrade and was wondering if there is a kit that is not to expensive or has anyone so the sn95 upgrade how much of a hassle was it I have 5 lugs allready just need something better then my drums in rear
The420fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
definitely just go to a junkyard and pull the rear brakes off an sn95 or new edge. You also will need to rear brake lines and a different brake booster with a proportioning valve for the rear discs. I'd suggest swiping all of that off the new car minus the rear brake lines. I'd def buy those new. Since you already have the 5 lug shafts those should work just fine.

The only kit I have really seen for the fox bodies is the cobra kit but I'm pretty sure those are around $1000 which was always a little rich for my blood lol.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
definitely just go to a junkyard and pull the rear brakes off an sn95 or new edge. You also will need to rear brake lines and a different brake booster with a proportioning valve for the rear discs. I'd suggest swiping all of that off the new car minus the rear brake lines. I'd def buy those new. Since you already have the 5 lug shafts those should work just fine.

The only kit I have really seen for the fox bodies is the cobra kit but I'm pretty sure those are around $1000 which was always a little rich for my blood lol.
Thanks this is what I was looking for there's a pair of the sn95 at the junk yard hopefully someone has not got to them yet lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I just got a ssbc conversion kit but for 4 lug for $703. Very complete kit; e brake cables, master cylinder, hard lines etc.
havhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by havhammer View Post
I just got a ssbc conversion kit but for 4 lug for $703. Very complete kit; e brake cables, master cylinder, hard lines etc.
Thats not too bad of a price but the junkyard option probably comes out to half that but nearly everything is used so maybe ill be able to find a 5 lug kit and have all new parts for the rear....
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Yeah they have 5lug kits and with the junkyard stuff there is about 3 or 4 options for master cylinders and then u gotta find the right ebrake cables. The kit is already figured out for you. I started to do the junkyard route and found this was way easier and I like the idea that every component is new or remanufactured.
havhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just checked um out for a 5 lug conversion it comes out to 1200 I'm leaning back towards junkyard parts

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

That $500 difference from 4-5 lug made my choice up junk yard trip tomorrow see if if there is even any complete rear ends lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT