New to the site - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
New to the site

Hey every one I'm new here but been on for information an you guys have been great. I just got a used 306 off my dads buddy. It's got edelbrock rpm heads with the 2.02 intake valve. A edelbrock rpm II upper an lower an x303 cam with forged bottom end an forged flat top pistons. Just got the motor in an running sounds great to I also got a aeromotive fuel system. I got all that's for $3,650 bucks I also got a cobra computer. But the computer was burnt out. I had to put the stock injectors back in an my stock a9l So I just wanted to know if you guys think I got a good deal and it I can get in to the 12s with this setup after I got the 24lb back in an hope indent need 30s haha Any thoughts would be great thanks

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Hope I don't need the 30s haha sorry I hate this iPhone lol
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Welcome
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the club.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone so any guess if I'll hit the 12s in the 1/4 with this set up?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I got 4:10 gears an 255/45/16 hoosier D/R any guesses would be appreciated
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I think u can hit 12s with that setup. Oh and welcome.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
I think u can hit 12s with that setup. Oh and welcome.
Hey thanks man look at your pic to nice fox man an the diff cover looks great. My dads car had somewhat of the same setup an it hit 12 with the 19lb in it. The fuel to air was a little bad haha. he had a cobra upper an lower but he had 275 on the back I'm thinking I may need a little more tire. haha dont you have the UMI Lift Bars on your car?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306

Hey thanks man look at your pic to nice fox man an the diff cover looks great. My dads car had somewhat of the same setup an it hit 12 with the 19lb in it. The fuel to air was a little bad haha. he had a cobra upper an lower but he had 275 on the back I'm thinking I may need a little more tire. haha dont you have the UMI Lift Bars on your car?
Thanks man.
Yes I have the umi lift bars. They are great. Of course I hear that the solid bushings make a lot of noise but I can't hear them over the 10 series.lol
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks man.
Yes I have the umi lift bars. They are great. Of course I hear that the solid bushings make a lot of noise but I can't hear them over the 10 series.lol
Hahah ye I was thinking you wouldn't hear them to much. Did the lift bars help your 60 foot much? I was looking at getting a set that's why I ask
Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hahah ye I was thinking you wouldn't hear them to much. Did the lift bars help your 60 foot much? I was looking at getting a set that's why I ask
Well I haven't got her to the track ever yet. But on the street the difference is pretty amazing. I also installed custom sub frame connectors at the same time to. My vert is stiffer than most hard tops. Lol. They also don't negate cornering like everyone says. I don't think I would get them for auto x or anything. It's pretty neat, the *** of the car will actually lift up when it plants the tires. I only have the lowers to btw.

A couple things to keep in mind:

With the changed geometry and the amount they grip I wouldn't launch on these without tbox reinforcements.

The relocation brackets will need welded in. They say you can bolt them, but it looks like it would be a pita, but doable. The welding is stronger though.

You also have to remove the quad shock. Which is a bonus.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I haven't got her to the track ever yet. But on the street the difference is pretty amazing. I also installed custom sub frame connectors at the same time to. My vert is stiffer than most hard tops. Lol. They also don't negate cornering like everyone says. I don't think I would get them for auto x or anything. It's pretty neat, the *** of the car will actually lift up when it plants the tires. I only have the lowers to btw.

A couple things to keep in mind:

With the changed geometry and the amount they grip I wouldn't launch on these without tbox reinforcements.

The relocation brackets will need welded in. They say you can bolt them, but it looks like it would be a pita, but doable. The welding is stronger though.

You also have to remove the quad shock. Which is a bonus.
Alright!! thanks man ye i already read that you got your vert stiffer then most hard top you do the custom sub frame connectors your self? I think I'm gunna have to try them out. I'm only talk about the lowers. stock uppers will be fine for now. an ye I already hear about the torque boxs don't like alot of hard launch or ye can rip them out ill probly do the tbox reinforcements when I put the lift bars in. The cars probly gunna see alot of hard launches lol
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:

Alright!! thanks man ye i already read that you got your vert stiffer then most hard top you do the custom sub frame connectors your self? I think I'm gunna have to try them out. I'm only talk about the lowers. stock uppers will be fine for now. an ye I already hear about the torque boxs don't like alot of hard launch or ye can rip them out ill probly do the tbox reinforcements when I put the lift bars in. The cars probly gunna see alot of hard launches lol
Yes I have built lots of parts for my car. I also built x bracing and the tbox reinforcments myself. The x bracing helps alot for verts.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ye I bet a buddy of my twisted a vert one time at the track with a little nos. lol So i know what you mean. You gunna get your to the track? You got to after all that haha
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ye I bet a buddy of my twisted a vert one time at the track with a little nos. lol So i know what you mean. You gunna get your to the track? You got to after all that haha
I have been trying to the last couple years. But I always end up doing something else or needing something etc etc.
I'm hoping for mid 12s but would be happy with low 13s. I don't have much seat time and no track time in this car so I will need the driver mod. Lol
Right now I'm waiting on my custom ground ed Curtis cam to show up. They are slowwwwww.......
Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have been trying to the last couple years. But I always end up doing something else or needing something etc etc.
I'm hoping for mid 12s but would be happy with low 13s. I don't have much seat time and no track time in this car so I will need the driver mod. Lol
Right now I'm waiting on my custom ground ed Curtis cam to show up. They are slowwwwww.......
Haha ye I have had a bit in my car with the old set up. lol just a typhoon upper an lower with a b303 cam an 215,000kms. It hit high 14s on street tires an hit 13.8s or 13.9 most of the time on the hoosiers haha 5 speed so had some bad ones at first :p so what do you got done to yours ? An the wait will be worth it. lol I'll Probly stick with the x303 that buddy all ready put I'm my it sounds nice open header:p
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
Road Trip!

A lot to type but Ill give it a whirl. lol

Motor:
tfs tw heads
wieand stealth intake
holley 670 aluminum street avenger
adj fuel pressure reg
electric fan
aluminum pulleys
current b303 cam with custom ed Curtis grind on order
scorpion 1.72 rr
tfs chromoly pushrods
tfs lifters
smog delete
ac delete
full msd ignition system
timing gear drive

Full exhaust
headers, or h pipe, 10 series flows

3:73 rear
subframe connectors
Kyb shocks and struts
umi lift bars

t-5 with king cobra clutch. triple quadrant, adj cable, and firewall adj.

full gauges.

about 200lbs dropped

I have a custom diff cover that will sport rods that will triangulate the rear end.

I also have 8' goodyear slicks that im not sure if I will use or not. They are brand new but have a hole in them. I bought tube and drilled the rims so they cant move, but still a little iffy. Im sure theres tons im missing but that's most of it.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A lot to type but Ill give it a whirl. lol

Motor:
tfs tw heads
wieand stealth intake
holley 670 aluminum street avenger
adj fuel pressure reg
electric fan
aluminum pulleys
current b303 cam with custom ed Curtis grind on order
scorpion 1.72 rr
tfs chromoly pushrods
tfs lifters
smog delete
ac delete
full msd ignition system
timing gear drive

Full exhaust
headers, or h pipe, 10 series flows

3:73 rear
subframe connectors
Kyb shocks and struts
umi lift bars

t-5 with king cobra clutch. triple quadrant, adj cable, and firewall adj.

full gauges.

about 200lbs dropped

I have a custom diff cover that will sport rods that will triangulate the rear end.

I also have 8' goodyear slicks that im not sure if I will use or not. They are brand new but have a hole in them. I bought tube and drilled the rims so they cant move, but still a little iffy. Im sure theres tons im missing but that's .
On the slicks Your diff going to be in the 12s haha probly mid 12s after you do a few. maybe even lower lol if ye hook good. I hoping the same I think the tfs tw or a bit better then the edelbrocks haha
Old 03-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306 View Post
On the slicks Your diff going to be in the 12s haha probly mid 12s after you do a few. maybe even lower lol if ye hook good. I hoping the same I think the tfs tw or a bit better then the edelbrocks haha
we will see. I am a bit scared to launch on the slick. I will probably break something. lol I do have a "dreamstangs drveshaft loop" installed. I will probably play on street tires for a while then bust them out toward the end of the night.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

we will see. I am a bit scared to launch on the slick. I will probably break something. lol I do have a "dreamstangs drveshaft loop" installed. I will probably play on street tires for a while then bust them out toward the end of the night.

Well my dad had two sick coupes. one had a gt40 setup with stock bottom end and a 150 shot with 4:10. it hit mid 11s all day an only blow up the stock clutch. had it for like 3 year an the other had some edelbrock head with a vortech s trim at 10psi. made 447 whp when low 11 an hit High 10s at toronto motorsports park up in cayuga tracks a bit better. An he had that for like 4 years then traded it for a sn95 after blowing a head gasket haha
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

An he run those cars all the time all I remember doing when I was younger. haha so I don't think you should break anything. It can still happen tho. an if you know it's stiff then you know it won't twist so I'd think you would be all good on the slicks
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Sounds like your dad has good taste!!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like your dad has good taste!!
Haha ye probably where I got it from:p I had Hondas before haha but I just kill them lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT