Need wiring help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #1

Region: Alabama
Question Need wiring help

I am currently in the process of replacing my melted headlight switch harness the problem i am having is that the old harness when i pulled it out 4 of the wires came out of it and now I don't know which color wires to connect those to in the harness it's been driving me insane for roughly 2 weeks now if anyone has a 1995 mustang and could pull there harness out so I can see which wire goes where it would be greatly appreciated. I know getting those wires out and visible is a hassle but it would help me so much.

also, the harness has 9 wires but my car only has 7 O_o whats up with that? i don't have fog lights if thats what they are for so i should just cap them? should I use regular electrical wire nuts or pinch connectors or splice connectors?

New to the mechanical world have an awesome car that needs a little love. Will post photos in roughly 6 hours when the sun comes up

Edit: My sn95 is a v6 body wt a gt clone with some mods will post more info in profile.
LilValentine302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #2

bump

bumping this thread because i really need the help. please and thank you.

working on getting pics up but my phone decided to commit seppuku by jumping into a lake
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Check a wiring diagram and start tracing. Get a chitons or Haynes manual from autozone or somewhere like that.
Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #4

i resolved the issue. the problem that i was having is that its a v6 body and a 5.0 HO engine that me and a friend built.so i wasnt sure what wires went where nor what diagram to check so i just matched the ones i could match and that left two more unknowns, knocked it out first try..... if it catches fire again im gonna be pissed though it cost me about 60$ and 6 hours of my time.... so about 300$ if im being cheap with my time.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I had the same problem as well, I was going to say I can take a picture of my wires tomorrow for you cause my dash is still apart, its just clippedin, no screws haha, but its because when I pull my switch all the way out, my head lights go on, but I don't get any interior lights or tail lights, and my interior dinging noise doesn't go off with my door open. So what I have to do is push in the switch just a liiiiiiiiiittle bit to where it hits a "sweet spot." I've changed the physical switch multiple times (2 oem switches from AutoZone $20 and 1 oem switch from ford dealer $40) and it still has the same problem. Idk if yours does that or not or what the heck my case is
white95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT