Newb - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Newb

Hey yall

New to this site figured id check out a more informative site then the joke i was on before.l have a question about installing eibach prokit springs for my 93 gt vert.My car only has 31000 miles should i be putting new isolaters in with the springs or should the old ones still be good and is there a good site for a step by step installing these.My mechanics are alright but i aint no tech by any means.ls it a ***** to install and how long to do it for a noob.Thanks o and heres a link to my ride

93GTVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
If you don't already have one I would get a service manual. A full step by step will be located in there. But if your just installing springs its a.really easy job. Can be done in an hour or less even.

Your basically gonna support the *** of the car as high as u can. Then put a jack under the diff. The remove the lower shock bolts. Then lower the rear all the way down. You may or maynot be able to get the spring out. Mine will come out at the point but it has been cut. If it doesn't then you can rent a spring compressor from autozone. That's about it.

As for the isolators, just give them a visual. You probably don't need them but make sure they are not damaged or dry rotted etc.

P.s. welcome to the site.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

l take it the front is alot harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Yeah the front is a bit more difficult. They are struts. You will need to support under the control arms. And I think you need to remove the sway bar end links. The job itself isnt difficult, but where I ran into trouble was removing the lower shock bolts. And I'm a pretty good sized guy. I broke a couple sockets, extensions, etc. Finaly had to use a 3/4" drive breaker bar and pipe. Lol.

P.s. thanks for using the "thanks" button.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No problem ill post some pics once i got it lowered see if i can post some pics now.Pic with the old lady.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	94448  
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Try get some more pics up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1725.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	94457   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1766.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	94458  

Name:	IMG_1767.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	94459   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1099.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	94460  

Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Couple more Rims and lowering springs to come.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	94463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	94464  

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	94465  
Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That is one clean Fox body man, nice! Even still has the stock springs, awesome. I thought the front springs were easier to get out than the rear springs on my old fox body to be honest, but I also had to use a breaker bar and a 3/4" ratchet to get it the bolts off the struts. A spring compressor from auto zone will be the best bet, but it seems a lot of people hate those around here. I honestly didn't use one, the driver's side spring basically fell out once I put the jack under the control arm and unbolted the strut and lowered the jack slowly. the passenger side took some persuasion but a crow bar popped it right out.

Probably not the safest way, but I made sure to stand way off to the side when we lowered the jack lol. What kind of springs did you get?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice car! Welcome!
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
You should be able to tell by looking at your factory isolators if you need new ones or not, I had a broken spring in the one and was able to re-use it. Based on how fricken clean your Fox body is, I'd say you can use them again no problem.

And a 5 speed Vert, awesome. I hardly EVER see those around where I live.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Installing Mustang Lowering Springs - Mustang Evolution

Extremely detailed walkthrough. It's actually the one I followed when doing mine.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
Road Trip!

5speed vert FTW!!
Very nice ride man. That thing is super clean.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys i love the car it's my second foxbody.My first one was a 91 notchback H/C/I and all the bolt on's was a very fast car.(friends called it the organ donor or pole killer lol).This one is a survivor and was forgoten about in a garage for years.lts 100 percent original down to the casette stereo and spark plug wires (which say 93 on them) l did put bbk ceramic coated headers,bbk off road H pipe and super 44 exhaust on it.l have the eibach prokit springs for verts.l heard it gives the car a perfect stance 1.5 inch in front and 1 inch in back and retains the stock ride.l dont know if any of you have ridden in a non abused low mile fox but they are super comfortable and ride like a cadillac.l wanted to go with sc saleen replicas 17 x 9 in front and 17 x 10 out back but dont want to hack my car so i found a brand new set of chrome roh zr6 17 x 8.5 so im gonna go 245/40 /17 front and 275/40/17 back.l plan on gears prob 373 and k@n drop in filter.Tint my windows and keep the rest stock.l will be keeping all stock parts of the car.l just want a nice cruiser close to stock.l'll save my next car a notch for the full mods.Link for exhaust and the camera sound gives it no justice sounds way better in person now that its broken in.Thats when i just installed it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT