Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Trick Flow

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Adam331Fastback 
#1 ·
Anyone in here running a Trick Flow stage 1 cam and Twisted Wedge heads? I'd like to know what kind of power and drivability I'd see with this setup seeing as its within my budget and has no clearance issues.

#3 ·
I just can't believe I'm still debating this with myself. TFS TW heads are a definite yes but now it comes down to cams. TF stage 1, an Anderson "N" cam, or custom grind? I should be able to run 1.7rr with each of these cams and get a safe amount of lift that way. iirc, Trick Flow states not to run a cam with over .540-.550 lift so their stage 2 cam is out of the question. I believe the fact that ill be running the Holley Systemax 2 upper and lower doesn't matter. I am curious if a 4.10 is gonna be too much gear though. Doesn't really matter at this point though because their going in the car this week.

#5 ·
Always check ptv regardless of cam. The 1.7 rr are gone give a lil more lift. The tfs 1 cam is matched with 1.6 rr at .499/.510 lift. U prolly be close to maxing out the springs with 1.7s. If it were me i would go custom ground cam if u have to spend. They are pretty pricey. To me 4.10s is a lil much but i see a lil more highway as mine is my dd and i also have a 5spd. Good luck with it all!

#6 ·
Thanks and yeah. More than likely will just check ptv. And I'll look into stiffer valve springs if needed. It would be no problem to swap those out. I was actually looking into getting the TFS heads ported out of the box just to get every little bit out of them. Never heard of anyone doing it but couldn't hurt. I'd have to include it in the notes when ordering a custom ground cam I suppose. Any ideas on where to get a good custom cam made?

#8 ·
After me researching I the best person that everyone seemed to agree on is ed curtus from flow tech induction. I just ordered mine. So in a few weeks I will let you know how it is. But from a few of my most reliable sources say he is the guy.

He asked me a billion questions about my car when ordering. The cam runs around 400$.

#11 ·
Ewokjax95 said:
Well honestly $400 isn't bad at all. If you could, pm me that order sheet man. I'm curious as to how in depth it is. Just keep us up to date on how that cam performs. I'd love to follow your build.
Ok. It will be a bit before I can get to it. If you want it now you can download it off of his we site. It's called flowtech Induction. Otherwise I will as soon as I get home.

#13 ·
Here is the cam form sheet that needs to be filled out for ed.
The one thing I don't like about FTI is that you can't call them. He is to busy. Everything is done via email. But I do believe this is because he does everything. When you talk to them via email, you will talk to ed and not some Joe schmoe. Anyways here it is.

FULL NAME:
SHIPPING ADDRESS:
CITY: STATE: ZIP:
EMAIL:
CONTACT NUMBER:
Type of Camshaft Requested -Hydraulic Flat Tappet [ ] Solid Flat Tappet [ ] Hydraulic Roller [ ] Solid Roller [ ] Overhead Camshaft [ ]
Body Style & Type:
Weight With Driver:
Goals and Usage:
Engine Details:
Type of Engine:
Cubic Inches:
Bore x Stroke: [ ] x [ ]
Compression: [ :1]
Manufacturer Part Number & Type of Piston:
Connecting Rod Length:
Connecting Rod Type:
RPM Range Desired:
Cylinder Head Details -
Manufacturer & Part Number:
Ported or Stock:
Intake Valve Size:
Exhaust Valve Size:
Intake Port Volume:
Exhaust Port Volume:
Combustion Chamber Size:
Flow Figures – Intake/Exhaust at 28 in/hg .100: - -.200: - -.300: - -.400: - -.500: - -.550: - -.600: - -.650: - -.700: - -.750: - -.800: - -
Valve Spring Part Number:
Seat Pressure:
Spring Rate: Rocker Arm Ratio:
Intake Manifold Type: Stock or Ported:
Throttle Body or Carb Size:
Stock or Ported:
Engine Management System:
Header Type:
Shorty [ ] Mid-Length [ ] Long Tube [ ]
Primary Diameter:
Collector Diameter:
Exhaust System Diameter:
Type of Muffler:
Full Exhaust or Dumps:
Transmission Details -
Manual Type:
Clutch Type:
Automatic Type:
Converter Stall:
Trans Gear Ratios:
Rear Gear Ratio:
Rear Tire Size:
Suspension Mods:
Miscellaneous Details:
Emissions Required?
Special Issues:

#14 ·
Im running trickflow 185 track heat cnc and they are worth every penny spent!!!! Running stage 2 tf cam but i would go with anderson cam or custom to make it run how you want it to run! I was running 331stroker, trickflow 185 heads, stage 2 cam, 9.6:1 compression, magnaflow exhaust with trickflow track heat upper and lower intake... Went 11.8s-11.9s, never got to try it 100shot bc i split the block =(

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Also had 30 lbs injectors.... Just my 2 cents lol to get u an idea on head performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.