Trickflow VS. port and polish Cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 155
Trickflow VS. port and polish Cobra

Which gives more power and how much? Trick flow heads and intakes? OR port and polishing the stock cobra intakes and heads? My goal is 400-450hp.
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 155
will a m112 bolt onto a 5.0?

So im looking for 400-450hp and was wondering if an m112 will bolt onto a 5.0 302ci?
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
The trickflow. But you still wont see over 400 hp even at the crank. There top end kit is rated to 350 fwhp. And thats about as much as youll get with stock cubes. Its possible to get more but it gets more difficult.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
The trickflow. But you still wont see over 400 hp even at the crank. There top end kit is rated to 350 fwhp. And thats about as much as youll get with stock cubes. Its possible to get more but it gets more difficult.
Do uk if an m112 will work on a 5.0 or do uk of a cheaper sc that wuld put me in my power goals?
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra View Post

Do uk if an m112 will work on a 5.0 or do uk of a cheaper sc that wuld put me in my power goals?
The M112 is for 99-04 mustang not older 5.0s but cheapest sc for 5.0s I've seen used for $1,800 and with the HCI you'll see low 400s
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94 View Post

The M112 is for 99-04 mustang not older 5.0s but cheapest sc for 5.0s I've seen used for $1,800 and with the HCI you'll see low 400s
Hci?
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra View Post

Hci?
Heads. Cam , intake
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
One of the Mutang mags did a trick flow HCI on a completely stock 126k mile fox body and it put down about 340 to the wheels which was pretty impressive I thought. I know there is a compay that is taking the m112 and TVS blowers off stock terminators and shelby's and making lower intakes for the 99-04 and 05-09 cars, they could also be developing it for the 302's, but I doubt it. I think the only roots blower they make for a 302 is the Kenne Bell.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
One of the Mutang mags did a trick flow HCI on a completely stock 126k mile fox body and it put down about 340 to the wheels which was pretty impressive I thought. I know there is a compay that is taking the m112 and TVS blowers off stock terminators and shelby's and making lower intakes for the 99-04 and 05-09 cars, they could also be developing it for the 302's, but I doubt it. I think the only roots blower they make for a 302 is the Kenne Bell.
Yea my HCI which is Edelbrock heads and intake with trickflow stage 1 cam and I'm @ 310rwhp
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
One of the Mutang mags did a trick flow HCI on a completely stock 126k mile fox body and it put down about 340 to the wheels which was pretty impressive I thought. I know there is a compay that is taking the m112 and TVS blowers off stock terminators and shelby's and making lower intakes for the 99-04 and 05-09 cars, they could also be developing it for the 302's, but I doubt it. I think the only roots blower they make for a 302 is the Kenne Bell.
When does kennebell actually kick in? Cuz ik that the m90 and m112 start making power at 2grand. An m90 build can get 30-35mpg in a gtp if u make sure that it shifts before 2500rpm.
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra View Post

When does kennebell actually kick in? Cuz ik that the m90 and m112 start making power at 2grand. An m90 build can get 30-35mpg in a gtp if u make sure that it shifts before 2500rpm.
I'm not sure what the power range is but the 94-95 model is Kennel Bell TS1000-94 for $3,099
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billymich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 861
A cobra intake upper and lower with good heads if ported by someone who knows those intakes will make 300 hp at the crank no problem.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
91notchback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 493
The build I'm doing is gt40 heads: ported polished 5 angle valve job. gt40 intake: ported polished gasket matched. And a B303 cam. I can't wait to get it together an see what it's about!!
91notchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.