94 GT Mechanical issues.. Please help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
94 GT Mechanical issues.. Please help!

I have a 94 gt 5speed... I have a pilot beating going bad and I've been letting it go until it warms up to work on it as I do not hve a garage... My promlem now is I hear a roaring/whine sounds like it is coming from the transmission.. When you push the clutch all the way in it seems to get worse.. It's annoying as crap and you can tell it is something not right.. Anyone know what this could be??? Could it be related to the pilot bearing I've already been experiencing problems out of?? Would the pilot beating cause another bearing to go out such as possibly throw out bearing???
1995 Mustang GT---5-speed, 4.10 Gears,E303 Cam,Injectors,Gt-40 heads,Cold Air,MSD Distributor,MSD Wires,Short Throw Shifter,King Conra Clutch,H-pipe with single chamber flows,Smoked Tail Lights,Clear Head Lights, Cobra 20in wheels, Eibach Suspension.Very Light Mods.
RickyBobby2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If most of the whining goes away when you let out on the clutch then it's probably the throw out bearing. Regardless when you fix the pilot bearing go ahead and replace the clutch and throw out bearing and have the flywheel surfaced. That's my opinion though its what I would do.
Good luck!
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
When you pull out the transmission, remove the input bearing retainer to inspect the bearings between the input and output shafts. You might have damaged them. It's better to make sure they're not damaged rather than re installing just to remove tranny again. Good luck.
RoCoBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

Region: Tennessee
I sure do appreciate you fellers giving me your best advise.. I will probably do all of the above to assure I did what I can for it.... I will keep you guys posted when I do pull it and fix unlike 90% of people how they fix their problem then never leave the outcome for others to go on.. They fix their stuff and forget about us
1995 Mustang GT---5-speed, 4.10 Gears,E303 Cam,Injectors,Gt-40 heads,Cold Air,MSD Distributor,MSD Wires,Short Throw Shifter,King Conra Clutch,H-pipe with single chamber flows,Smoked Tail Lights,Clear Head Lights, Cobra 20in wheels, Eibach Suspension.Very Light Mods.
RickyBobby2189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT