Need your imput? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Need your imput?

So I found a 97 mustang i can get a deal on it was a 4.6 the guy converted it to a 5.0 seemed to do it all right change the computers and everything but he said it sputters and keeps fouling the # 8 injector out says it runs like a beast for 5 min he didn't switch out the fuel tanks thoI'm not sure if its something I should mess with or not seems to of put a lot of money into it just doesn't have money or place to finish it
Mustang52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The 4.6 has a returnless style fuel enjection as where the 5.0 does not. Im assuming improper swaping of the fuel system or is what is most likely causing the propblem. Could also be the mass air is not calibrated to the fuel injectors hes using, although Ive never seen that done and Im not sure if thats the effect it would have. I would say if you want a SN95 5.0 go buy a 94 or 95 GT and dont mess with someone elses swap. Every swap is different and you dont know what cheap fixs or hacked up stuff he used in order to make the swap work for him. I would pass unless you have done serious engine swapping before and have the personal mechanical knowledge to know what to look for. Yep my advice is definatly pass.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ok thanks it definitely gives me something to think about
Mustang52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on the pass

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

There could also be unforeseen issues that may arrive from other components that don't cross over or were not done correctly.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

+2 On the pass

Always start a project don't get anybody's else project it will make your wallet hurt
Jcstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT