Intake Spacer Effects on RPM power band? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Intake Spacer Effects on RPM power band?

I may need an enginer for this one.. or someone with engine building experience.

Im working on a hypothetical 5.0 engine build. I want to use the stock cam for my entire combination which will be mostly like a old NMRA Real Street engine at the end of the build. I want to use the Holley Systemax EFI Intake which has a advertized operational range of 2000-6000 rpm for its top end power capability once I add a centrifugal supercharger combined with a high reving 302 rotating asembly with internaly balanced crank. I want to use this intake without an intake spacer at the end of the build when I supercharge the engine but also would like for it to work nicely with with the stock cam while the car is not boosted.

So my question is this, does or can a large enough intake spacer lower an intakes effective operational rpm band by making the intake runners longer?

To my understanding longer efi intake runners build more torque at low rpm and shorter efi intake runners build more horsepower at high rpm, but this also what changes the intakes operational rpm ability?
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I guess more specificly I need to ask if the 1 in. "Heat" Spacer TrickFlow offers will shift the bottom of the 2000-6000 effective RPM range down to like 1800 RPM for the Holley Systemax Intake and make the intake more streetable?
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT