PLEASE HELP battery problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
PLEASE HELP battery problem

I have a 95 gt that when it sits in my garge over night and I go to start it in the morning the battery is complete dead and won't start but when I jump it it start perfect. None of the doors are open and all power stuff is off so there is no power being drawn from the car so I don't understand why it's doing this it would be greatly appreciated it anyone could help me out thanks.
Nick Proben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Test the voltage of the battery. Sounds like an alternator problem more than likely.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sounds like you got a power draw somewhere. Time to start chasing wires! fun fun....

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Test the voltage of the battery. Sounds like an alternator problem more than likely.
The alternator wouldn't be causing a draw when nothing's on. If your alternator is bad, it will just be running off battery when everything is on. Best way I can word it.
91notchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #4

Region: Michigan
Ok thanks I'm gunna check the alternator and fuses and see what if that works thanks
Nick Proben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I had this problem with my 98 cherokee i went to autozone and they said it was alternator. Got a new one an perfect! Try autozone to check if its batter or alternator if neither than its a power drain.. Hope that helped dont no much but that
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Proben View Post
Ok thanks I'm gunna check the alternator and fuses and see what if that works thanks
Yes sir. Start small! I'm not sayin the alternator isn't a possibility by any means. Just seems weird to me that it happened while nothing was running. That's usually not the calling card of a bad alternator.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I had that happen to me and my Horn relay got stuck on but my horn dosent work to begin with so I Hurd no sound. If your horn works you'll hear it going off. Hit your horn to make sure it works. If it dosent than check your horn relay. But it also could be a dead battery cell
Jon517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon517 View Post
I had that happen to me and my Horn relay got stuck on but my horn dosent work to begin with so I Hurd no sound. If your horn works you'll hear it going off. Hit your horn to make sure it works. If it dosent than check your horn relay. But it also could be a dead battery cell
That would fall into power drain. It just don't sound like a bad alt to me. I've been wrong before!! Let us know man!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT