Intakes? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Ty
Strix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah, I really like kenne bell blowers, but on the push rod motors I like the centrifugal style better. Plus these little 302's are pretty torquey motors as they are so they don't really need the bottom end grunt of the twin screw. They seem to really benefit from the top end charge of the centrifugals.

Procharger supercharger are awesome! The fact they come with such a big air to air intercooler makes them great and consistent. Vortec has an after cooled kit that's awesome, but like the procharger kit you'll have to relocate your battery to the trunk. The after cooler really only pays off with lower intake temps if you keep fresh ice in the reservoir tank. In my opinion any of the centrifugal kits have better max potential then the twin screw.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

So I guess the guy was not blowing smoke up my *** after all, I don't care about moving my battery gonna get one I can grow in to, this project I'm doing is more for show and go I'm not racing it cause I would need to put in a cage by the time I'm done and I don't want that so it's more of weekend driver and a show here and there but will have a ton of balls lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

The KB on a pushrod is not really that great of an idea because of no intercooler and really high temps. Even the B headed Cobra guys have trouble breaking 400whp which is 0 problem with a centri or turbo because of no intercooler option. They are GREAT on the 2V and C headed 4V motors but I'd go with a simple S trim on a 5.0 all day.

Prochargers are nice but overkill honestly, a non-aftercooled basic S trim setup with a power pipe will max out the stock block and good used kits run $1500 on the corral. You will obviously need a fuel system to support it so budget another $1k or so for those parts and if you are not doing the install factor in labor too.

What is really great about the S trims and other centri style blowers is that you can drive around with your foot out of it and it'll act just like stock. The centris don't really start building good boost until the 4k+ range so if you want the power its up there but if you don't you won't have to worry about blowing the tires off like you would with a twin screw.

That said, I have a 2V and I'm going to go with a roots/twin screw blower mainly because I love the sound and the 2Vs need it a little more down low than the 5.0 does although my particular 2V doesn't seem to have any problems down low. Feels like my old 5.0 Cobra did in all actuality.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

It's to bad those twin screw are nice looking, thanks guys
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Yes they are! But I loved the whistling of my vortec and the by pass valve sounded pretty awesome to. Kind of like a blog off valve but not as loud. And as stated earlier, when keeping your foot out of it it drives just like stock but on kill mode as soon as you dip in the go pedal. I actually saw better gas mileage with my kit as well, went from 20-21 mpg hwy to 24-26!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm more gas is always a good thing now a days
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Right!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT