Coyote swap? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I never drive my 98 in any weather than perfect and I still am finding a little nit corrosion spots here and there. No "rust" but just a few spots where surface corrosion is happening. Car was garaged from about 20k miles when the owner who had it the longest bought it till present.

Got me some touch up paint from paintscratch and some of that rust killer stuff to hit any potential future issue areas as soon as the weather clears up and I can pull the car outside to do it (and the brakes...).

And yeah up here a fox is almost impossible to find with no rust. I would go as far as to look for a 4 banger that some old lady bought when she was in her 60s new and just drove it to and from the grocery store/church/bingo night and kept it in the garage and is too old to drive it anymore. Perfect candidate for a buildup there and one I would look for if I was to get a fox.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang
Sad thing, there is a ferrari model where the oil change is really $3000.. The engine has to be pulled to change the oil.. Itailian enginering at its best..
Wow I didn't know that..... that's probably the dumbest thing I have ever hear a 3000 dollar oil change wonder if they ever told the people who bought them that the oil changes coast 3000 because we got to pull the motor to do it or if they just wait tell there first oil change to tell them hahaha
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306 View Post
Wow I didn't know that..... that's probably the dumbest thing I have ever hear a 3000 dollar oil change wonder if they ever told the people who bought them that the oil changes coast 3000 because we got to pull the motor to do it or if they just wait tell there first oil change to tell them hahaha
If you have enough for a Ferrari you probably don't even care and don't drive it enough to care and probably don't need to get the oil done more than once a year if that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

If you have enough for a Ferrari you probably don't even care and don't drive it enough to care and probably don't need to get the oil done more than once a year if that.
+1

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My brother inlaw who has a degree in nuclear enginering and sells insurance, seriously, used to sell exotic cars in college. He told a story once about how a customer came in and just pointed saing I want that new Bently. My bro jokingly said ok well why not take this Ferrari and that Porche too. The customer paused for a second and said, "ok ill take them too." All this transpired literally in 10 seconds. Come to find out the guy buying the cars had so much money that him buying those 3 exotics was like me buying 3 pairs of socks. Thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach with envy. Or maybe thats the ravioli sauce from dinner which im not sure.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

If I had that much money... I'd probably be terrified to lose it like you hear about so many ppl who don't have that sort of money and then fall into it like lottery winners. Or pro atheletes who come from nothing and leave their league with $40k/mo expenses and 0 investments or retirement or anything at all like TO or AI. Like if I won the lottery... if it was like a powerball ridiculousness one... pay off my mortgage/everything, all my immediate family's stuff, give each one a $million, buy a huge house out in the country somewhere with land where I won't be bothered and invest the rest and live off the interest.

At any rate, trying to get back on topic... It seems like a lot of ppl are under the impression that if you are going to build up any latemodel Mustang, doing anything other than putting a Coyote in it is stupid for some reason. "Just drop in a Coyote crate motor for instant 400whp and all that tech...". Yeah I can supercharge a PI engine and put out the same RWHP numbers as a stock coyote and run over a second faster in the 1/4 easy and still have $4-$5k to play with vs the Coyote swap. As I said, they're going to start being economical in a few years when you can start finding 30-100k mile Coyote motors in the JY for a price that is economical enough to make them worthwhile. Or ppl will start swapping in the 6.2L truck engines with aftermarket cams and all that noise.

I still like my modular with the Teksid option though which I have in the garage on the stand waiting for me to get around to it. I do want to get a hold of another Cobra one day though, if its a 94/95 I can get collector insurance on it to not have to worry about emissions. Same with a 96-up car but being OBD2, its very easy to get them to pass in NJ no matter how many mods you do.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« Carb | distributor »