Motor replacement - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Motor replacement

Anybody know a good place to get a budget rebuild/ new 302? Mine isn't holding oil pressure, and it was my dd. I'm trying to stay low on the $. Doesn't need to be a hi powered 302. Just need a replacement so I can keep driving. I don't want to spend $ on a junkyard motor though, they don't have them where I am anyway, just a bunch of jeep nuts. Thanks.
Sgt_Syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was going to say Pauls Automotive Warehouse. They used to carry all sorts of rebuid kits for 302's. Their website now says they only do buisness through Ebay so maybe thats a good place to look. Ill check and see what else I can find though.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Of coarse you could do an engine overhaul which is basicly adding new pistons. I looked at EBAY Motors and they definatly have what you need to refurbish your 302. I searched: Master Engine Rebuild Kit 302
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Thanks, but I really cant rebuild mine cuz then the car is out of commission. I'll look at it as a last resort, if I have to shut her down that's what I'll have to do. But I feel like if I'm going to take it down to pulling the pistons and crank I might as well start with bare block and machine it, etc. I'm still looking though. Thanks diesel, I see you on here a lot, and I have seen nothing but good advice from you.
Sgt_Syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thankyou for the recognition. I guess I misunderstood what you were after. Your looking for a good used replacement engine not a rebuild kit? My best advice to find a cheap engine replacement complete intake to pan is to go to your smaller local mechanic shops and see if they can get you one from their local suppliers. There may also be a few places you can find online that specialize in carrying replacement engines. Ill look around and do some digging and see what I can find for you. May I ask what your budget is? It would also be helpful to know your city and state so I can find you one in your area you can pick up rather than pay for a crate delivery if thats ok? Also will need to know your model year and trans type to find an exact match.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

With such a high priced item you wana get as many quotes as you can.. Heres a few places to get started..

Replacement Engines for Sale Now with No Cost Freight at UsedEnginesSale.com

http://www.integrityautomotiveoftexas.com/engines.html

http://www.gotengines.com/ford/rebui...d-engines.html

http://www.powertrainproducts.net/Engines-s/1.htm

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rds=302+engine
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This little tidbit might help..

Where to Buy a Ford 302 Engine - CarsDirect

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT