wiring harness question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: New York
wiring harness question

I am not sure if the engine swap done prior to me getting the car was done right or not or if the harness was changed either. I was told that 91-93 harness had the fuel pump relay under the seat??? that is where mine is but it wasn't being used, he had the pump wired directly from the fuse panel to a switch???? Which brings me to my other question of isn't it bad to have your fuel pump on all the time isnt that why there is a relay to turn it off after prime or what not? I have no clue but its my gyess as to why it turns on then off right?

busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Alabama
bad, well, yes and no.. it will put more strain on the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator.

it will also run the alternator harder.

if I remember right there are 3 harnesses, and the mid year 92 and 93 have the fuel pump relay in the engine bay, all others are under the seat.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT