T-56 question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
T-56 question

Hey guys , so i have a sn95 with a b303 cam, edelbrock victors intake manifold , shorty mac headers, full magnaflow magnapack off road X, bbk cai, bbk 70mm tb, msd pro billet dizzy, msd 6al2 advanced discharge box.

Stock heads as far as i know.

The car has a t-56 tranny in it with a .373
In the rear.

The car seems to be slugish off the line and youre doing 100 km at 2000 rpm in 4th gear

Is it safe to go with 4:10s?
Varasios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varasios
Hey guys , so i have a sn95 with a b303 cam, edelbrock victors intake manifold , shorty mac headers, full magnaflow magnapack off road X, bbk cai, bbk 70mm tb, msd pro billet dizzy, msd 6al2 advanced discharge box.

Stock heads as far as i know.

The car has a t-56 tranny in it with a .373
In the rear.

The car seems to be slugish off the line and youre doing 100 km at 2000 rpm in 4th gear

Is it safe to go with 4:10s?
Haha yes go 4:10s lol
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Can the different tranny affect the computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
No, there is 0 connection to the computer for a transmission in a 5.0 motor. Speedo is driven by a gear that sends a signal on a wire directly to the cluster. You'll need to get a speedcal box to properly calibrate your speedometer though, there is no gear to get it right with 4.10s. Or really any correct gear for 3.55s or 3.73s either.

Also, the first person to come in and say "no you are wrong there is the white gear!" will earn a swift e-kick to the e-taint.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
No, there is 0 connection to the computer for a transmission in a 5.0 motor. Speedo is driven by a gear that sends a signal on a wire directly to the cluster. You'll need to get a speedcal box to properly calibrate your speedometer though, there is no gear to get it right with 4.10s. Or really any correct gear for 3.55s or 3.73s either.

Also, the first person to come in and say "no you are wrong there is the white gear!" will earn a swift e-kick to the e-taint.
There's a gear set to get it right, and no not the little white gear. You need to really drop your arrogance.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

The gear to set it right is to pull the tailshaft and install a 6 tooth drive gear, then you can use a 20 tooth black gear. And sorry if I came off as being arrogant, it was meant as a joke but that doesn't always translate over the internets.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
The gear to set it right is to pull the tailshaft and install a 6 tooth drive gear, then you can use a 20 tooth black gear. And sorry if I came off as being arrogant, it was meant as a joke but that doesn't always translate over the internets.
Scotty you're full of helpful knowledge, that being said, in some of your posts it does come across as all knowing and infallible. Thanks for being here!
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said sorry if that is how it sounds. I am most certainly not all knowing and infallible. NOBODY should take anything anyone says on the internet at 100% gospel without some fact checking of their own first. The internet is a great tool for sure and there is a lot of info out there. Some of it is very good, some of it is very very bad but just about all of it is free and remember that, as with all things in life, you get what you pay for.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good, do you guys know of a specific kit that anyone sells for that style of rear end?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Like I said sorry if that is how it sounds. I am most certainly not all knowing and infallible. NOBODY should take anything anyone says on the internet at 100% gospel without some fact checking of their own first. The internet is a great tool for sure and there is a lot of info out there. Some of it is very good, some of it is very very bad but just about all of it is free and remember that, as with all things in life, you get what you pay for.
Forget them. You're probably one of my favorite people on this forum already and I've only been back for a week. Haha. Keep it up man!

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol I'm not worried about it. I'm not trying to be a dick and if someone gets butthurt from something someone says on the interwebs... thick skin is pretty much required online.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT