Plasti dip! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Plasti dip!

I have a buddy with an 89 5.0 hatch and he's wanting to plasti dip his whole car. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if so show em off! Thanks!
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
I have a buddy with an 89 5.0 hatch and he's wanting to plasti dip his whole car. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if so show em off! Thanks!
I'm gonna be testing it out with my hood in the next week or 2
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Plasti dip is good for trim and maybe rims. A whole car... no that's going to look like a ricer primer special. Also I've had a few ppl report that ******** are starting to know what plasti dip is and looks like and are peeling it off in parking lots.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Plasti dip is good for trim and maybe rims. A whole car... no that's going to look like a ricer primer special. Also I've had a few ppl report that ******** are starting to know what plasti dip is and looks like and are peeling it off in parking lots.
A guy on here dipped his cobra and it looks SICK! And to the peeling it off, I'd be pissed
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I guarantee that ricer primer would look better then his blotchy and faded Maroon it has now lol. And I don't think anyone from here knows what it is or else all these little ******bags with their hondas and what not would be using it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I guarantee that ricer primer would look better then his blotchy and faded Maroon it has now lol. And I don't think anyone from here knows what it is or else all these little ******bags with their hondas and what not would be using it.
Lol
Old 06-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's just going to be a temporary deal until his shop gets finished so we can shoot it
Old 06-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've seen Civics with blacked out plasti dipped wheels around here. And if you ever visit an import forum for giggles (or a Honda forum because your wife DD's a Honda)... they know what it is.

And again for the whole car... is he going to pull all the interior panels and do the insides of the doors, the door jamb areas, tape off the sill plates and do around that etc... etc... I agree that it might look better than faded maroon though if he can do it right. Although its going to be VERY hard to get it right and seeing as Plasti Dip does peel right off... dunno. Its his car and more power to him and I hope it turns out well.

Edit: If he is just waiting for his shop to be finished to paint it for realz then I'd just leave it till then. Peeling all that stuff off and getting it out of every little crack/crevice is going to suck hardcore when it comes time to paint.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've seen Civics with blacked out plasti dipped wheels around here. And if you ever visit an import forum for giggles (or a Honda forum because your wife DD's a Honda)... they know what it is.

And again for the whole car... is he going to pull all the interior panels and do the insides of the doors, the door jamb areas, tape off the sill plates and do around that etc... etc... I agree that it might look better than faded maroon though if he can do it right. Although its going to be VERY hard to get it right and seeing as Plasti Dip does peel right off... dunno. Its his car and more power to him and I hope it turns out well.

Edit: If he is just waiting for his shop to be finished to paint it for realz then I'd just leave it till then. Peeling all that stuff off and getting it out of every little crack/crevice is going to suck hardcore when it comes time to paint.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, he can't though. I've told him just to hold off and wait as well but he's "tired of looking like ****". And as far as peeling it off, that'll be his job lol. I'm just the shooter.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, he can't though. I've told him just to hold off and wait as well but he's "tired of looking like ****". And as far as peeling it off, that'll be his job lol. I'm just the shooter.
If he is that desperate why doesn't he just spray paint it? If he knows what he is doing and takes his time, it will turn out pretty decent.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
If he is that desperate why doesn't he just spray paint it? If he knows what he is doing and takes his time, it will turn out pretty decent.
Agreed, I've seen some pretty spectacular jobs done with rattle cans and a LOT of patience and wet sanding.

I mean whatever, if the guy is super desperate to get something on his car that' his business. Really sounds like he might need to stop, take a minute to step back and think and then go from there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT