1990 Convertible Too Low; Rubbing; tach high - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
Region: Michigan
Cool 1990 Convertible Too Low; Rubbing; tach high

Hey all! This is my first post so please let me know if i posted this in an incorrect area, or just a stupid question in general.

I just picked up my 1990 4 Cyl converted to a 306 with TKO 5 speed. (supposedly) The car looks great, sounds great, only one problem. The guy who lowered her dropped it 2" or so, i have no way of really knowing, the springs are red. When im driving, the rear diver side scraped if i go over darn near any bump @ about any speed unless i hit the brakes before i go over (shift of weight to the front helps) but than the front sometimes scrapes. Now, its not horrible ( its a quick sound, not long and dragged out). is there a way to raise it without buying and installing new springs? i really only need about 1/2" raise or so. i know i can buy new springs but would like to keep the current ones. Please help!

Also, the tach is high on the gauge by approx 800-1000 RPM. i took a rpm gauge and when im @ 3000K its really at 2200. any suggestions? Thank you very much all, i appreciate all input.

90foxbdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
I know they used to sell these spring spacers to do that but I don't know if they do anymore since that's pretty unsafe. Do they still sell airshocks? Do it right and then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Sorry, no idea on the tach.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT