Bad hesitation at part and WOT? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have to drive up to Pennsylvania from where I live here in Texas in a few hours and I think I'll stop by Hi-End auto and look at their cobras and see if I can find a clean one.
86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gt View Post
I have to drive up to Pennsylvania from where I live here in Texas in a few hours and I think I'll stop by Hi-End auto and look at their cobras and see if I can find a clean one.
By any chance are you going to the mustang show in August? I believe it's at Carlisle.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I hadn't planned on hitting any shows this year but in 2014 I'll be going to as many as I can
86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've just always ran it up under windshield wipers connected two hoses if I had to
BlackStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gt View Post
I'm looking for advice on a problem I can't seem to get to the bottom of.

My '86 mass air equipped car has a bad stumble/hesitation when under load...it's fine in neutral and in first gear but in second and up it just won't run right!

I've checked my fuel pressure at the rail and its at 40 and replaced the plugs and wires but it still does the same thing. I then replaced the whole ignition system thinking it was the pip in the distributor and still can't seem to trace down the problem?!?

It runs like a beast in first and even at a quarter throttle in second it'll fry the tires but if I get anymore into it, it bogs down. Anyone have any suggestions???
This happened to me a few times. Once was because I had a cracked injector, another time my timing was off and the other time I had the red and green vacuum lines backwards (fuel pressure regulator and egr vacuum lines), also another time I had forgotten to put my gas cap back on lol

One time it was the distributor, bought a new one and it still did it, turned out the new distributor was bad too, replaced again and it fixed it. Can't remember it was about 10 years ago.
540i6e39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT