How fast does your stang go through tires?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
How fast does your stang go through tires??

I haven got to drive my stang much since I bought it but the tires it came with have good tread on them. It has cooper's on the front and some cheap fierce tires on the back, how long do you guys think the set will last me until they go bald? Also what's the best brand for long lasting and grip?
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert
I haven got to drive my stang much since I bought it but the tires it came with have good tread on them. It has cooper's on the front and some cheap fierce tires on the back, how long do you guys think the set will last me until they go bald? Also what's the best brand for long lasting and grip?
All depends how you drive a got two sets one is on rims I got 16" welds on Hoosiers d/r and for the street I use cheap ones but I go throw them quick if you do alot of rubber laying...haha then stay with the cheap ones
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
New cheap tires will just about outlast the car if you have a different set for racing.
92coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Long lasting and grip?

Michelin pilot sport plus AS/2

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahha lol, yea I don't plan on laying too much rubber until I know I have money saved up sir some new tires. I was told I would be changing them upwards of 2 times a year by the previous owner lol
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
A good set of tires will last around 40-60k miles normal driving and even laying some rubber down every now and then if you make sure to rotate them and keep them properly inflated. There is also the age to consider, if the tires are old and starting to crack around the sidewall area, get new ones even if there is good tread left. Very good tires for our cars that are not veyr expensive are Kuhmos and Sumitumos. Shop around on tirerack and discounttiredirect and see what is the best deal for you.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
A good set of tires will last around 40-60k miles normal driving and even laying some rubber down every now and then if you make sure to rotate them and keep them properly inflated. There is also the age to consider, if the tires are old and starting to crack around the sidewall area, get new ones even if there is good tread left. Very good tires for our cars that are not veyr expensive are Kuhmos and Sumitumos. Shop around on tirerack and discounttiredirect and see what is the best deal for you.
Thanks
Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
Long lasting and grip?

Michelin pilot sport plus AS/2
Best imo.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
That seems really excessive. Usually they last 8-12 months depending on how you drive. 40-60k miles is 3-4 years of driving lmao
540i6e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Ok well tell that to my set of Michelins that lasted well over 50k before I needed to worry about replacing them.

If you have a set of tires that is only lasting a year even on a DD, get a new set of tires or stop being an idiot and doing burnouts at every light lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Ok well tell that to my set of Michelins that lasted well over 50k before I needed to worry about replacing them.

If you have a set of tires that is only lasting a year even on a DD, get a new set of tires or stop being an idiot and doing burnouts at every light lol.
Yeah I used to do burnouts at every light in my 95 ha ha
540i6e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Sumitomos are **** I your fox makes even decent power... ( cam and long tubes, etc ). Kuhmos are ok but only in a pinch.
If your going to do it, do it right the first time and get some michelins...
( 5 years at discount give me plenty of experience )

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540i6e39 View Post

That seems really excessive. Usually they last 8-12 months depending on how you drive. 40-60k miles is 3-4 years of driving lmao
Yea my stang went through those eagles in 6 months. I think there's third out there that last up to 40k miles for stangs but there not gong to be grippy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« Cams | Bumper »