What cam are you running in your SD car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What cam are you running in your SD car?

Just curious, been looking to get a cam, but not sure which is compatible with SD.
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't think any will work sorry
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes
Just curious, been looking to get a cam, but not sure which is compatible with SD.
Do a mass air swap SD is just junk in my books lol
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
I don't think any will work sorry
No there are some cams that will work I'm positive of that. Just not sure which ones, and there seems to be some pretty smart people on this site so id figured i would ask.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306 View Post

Do a mass air swap SD is just junk in my books lol
Well for a NA car, yes. But I might go with a small turbo setup next year, and SD works very well with power adders so id like to keep it. Besides, it runs great right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No there are some cams that will work I'm positive of that. Just not sure which ones, and there seems to be some pretty smart people on this site so id figured i would ask.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Well for a NA car, yes. But I might go with a small turbo setup next year, and SD works very well with power adders so id like to keep it. Besides, it runs great right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Well I'm just saying if you want to do any h/c/I work your going to wish it was mass air
Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306 View Post

Well I'm just saying if you want to do any h/c/I work your going to wish it was mass air
I have a friend of mine with a speed density car with trick flow heads, trickflow Intake, and a stock cam with 1.7 rockers. Built motor too, just not too sure of the specs. 306 maybe? Anyways, car runs 12.3-12.5 all day. So you definitely can do head work.

I see what you're saying though, if his car was MAF then it would react to the changes better, but he also has plans for forced induction
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a friend of mine with a speed density car with trick flow heads, trickflow Intake, and a stock cam with 1.7 rockers. Built motor too, just not too sure of the specs. 306 maybe? Anyways, car runs 12.3-12.5 all day. So you definitely can do head work.

I see what you're saying though, if his car was MAF then it would react to the changes better, but he also has plans for forced induction
Ye but did your buddy get that tuned? I don't know alot about SD iv always been mass air but iv heard they are hard to work with an need a Tune to run any mod that get more air in the motor may not be true tho
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you have a SD car the VERY FIRST mod you should be doing is converting it to Mass air.

/thread.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you have a SD car the VERY FIRST mod you should be doing is converting it to Mass air.

/thread.
I have plans for forced induction, so I'm keeping the SD.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« 1987 mustang | Cams »