Suggestions for racing seats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Suggestions for racing seats

Looking to buy some new seats to put in my 94'. Trying to go for the best bang for buck, but I still want some quality seats. Would it be worth a try to buy the no name seats off of American Muscle? $620 for the seats and rails seems like a decent deal. I've heard good things about the corbeau a4's as well, but they are a bit pricier. Also considering getting a couple no-name ebay seats, and finding some rails that would fit my car. Only reason I'm considering this is because I've got a buddy with a miata who bought a set of no names brand new off ebay for $300 that were leather, and have amazing support. Ebay seems pretty damn hit and miss though. Any suggestions or personal favorite seats? I honestly just want somthing that has a good median of keeping me in place during hard cornering, and daily driving comfort, and the best possible bang for the buck.
94BlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I love sparco but thats big $ and corbeau are also pretty nice
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

Corbeau is a great move for an affordable racing seat. They'll definitely keep you secure during those hard turns, while retaining comfort on long drives. Our no name racing seats aren't a bad option either. I've had a lot of good feedback with them both!

Hope this helps your decision. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
OP,

Corbeau is a great move for an affordable racing seat. They'll definitely keep you secure during those hard turns, while retaining comfort on long drives. Our no name racing seats aren't a bad option either. I've had a lot of good feedback with them both!

Hope this helps your decision. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Shane
If only you guys carried the Corbeau a4's! Have you guys ever considered selling them along with the CR1's before? I bet they would sell pretty well!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Take a look at the Summit Racing seats. I have no personal experience with them but the price is right. There is a set of 2 beige seats on the evilbays from Summit right now for like $250 shipped. But you do get what you pay for so watch out. Summit is an actual retailer though, not some dude shipping ricer seats from Hong Kong.

edit: Direct link to the Summit site

Click me

I'd google around and read some reviews first. I actually am right now myself as I am curious and bored.

edit2: The reviews I'm reading on the Summit seats is that you can't beat them for the price but they are definitely not as good as the higher end Recaros or Corbeaus etc...

edit3: Review with pics

Not bad... not bad at all...

Thats the summit pleather ones right thurr. Although if you install your 5 pt harness that way you are an idiot. One accident and hello compressed spine...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Take a look at the Summit Racing seats. I have no personal experience with them but the price is right. There is a set of 2 beige seats on the evilbays from Summit right now for like $250 shipped. But you do get what you pay for so watch out. Summit is an actual retailer though, not some dude shipping ricer seats from Hong Kong.

edit: Direct link to the Summit site

Click me

I'd google around and read some reviews first. I actually am right now myself as I am curious and bored.

edit2: The reviews I'm reading on the Summit seats is that you can't beat them for the price but they are definitely not as good as the higher end Recaros or Corbeaus etc...

edit3: Review with pics

Not bad... not bad at all...

Thats the summit pleather ones right thurr. Although if you install your 5 pt harness that way you are an idiot. One accident and hello compressed spine...
Dang those are a pretty damn good deal! By the evilbays do you mean Ebay lol? How would I go about looking for these specific seats on ebay? $250 for a set is unbeatable..

Nevermind, found them!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the summit ones i my car well i think i do i got then off of cl for 100 they are pretty comfy
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BlackMamba View Post
If only you guys carried the Corbeau a4's! Have you guys ever considered selling them along with the CR1's before? I bet they would sell pretty well!
94BlackMamba,

Not a bad idea! I'll definitely pass this along to the right people. I think it could do very well too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
94BlackMamba,

Not a bad idea! I'll definitely pass this along to the right people. I think it could do very well too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
So did you get the Summit ones or are you going to hold off for some higher end ones? Seems to me like if you want a functional racing seat without dropping a ton of money they are the way to go. Arizen used to be like that, now they are like Corbeaus lol.

Only issue with the Summits seems to be you don't lose much weight with them...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Still thinking about my options. Getting my 3.73s and new rear end installed today so I'm gonna have to save up a bit of cash. Planning on doing all my Bracing, new anti rolls, and seats at the same time, so I have a little bit of time to decide! I want the car to feel like a completely different animal in the conrers

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BlackMamba View Post
Still thinking about my options. Getting my 3.73s and new rear end installed today so I'm gonna have to save up a bit of cash. Planning on doing all my Bracing, new anti rolls, and seats at the same time, so I have a little bit of time to decide! I want the car to feel like a completely different animal in the conrers
3.73* no idea why I made that plural... lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT