Sr performance lowering springs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #1

Region: California
Sr performance lowering springs?

I have a 1995 mustang gt convertible & I'm interested in the sr performance lowering springs. These springs say that they are for coupes & I was wondering how much they would lower my car since its a convertible?

SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe (79-04 GT, Mach 1, 93-98 Cobra) - Free Shipping!
Ramonhuerta95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Why not just buy springs that are made for a convertible?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
They will lower it but will have the chance of lowering a tad more then the coupe model due to weight. Although SR springs are a pretty decent spring so it may be spot on. I run the GT sr springs on my v6 with out any issue

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #4

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
Why not just buy springs that are made for a convertible?
It's just that right now on American Muscle, they're on sale at 145 dollars & the ones that are meant for convertible are like 209 & don't lower the car a full 1.5 inches. There are others that are for convertibles but cost 250. That's why I was interested in the sr performance springs because everyone has good reviews about them & they're only 145 right now. Do you have any recommendations?
Ramonhuerta95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonhuerta95 View Post

It's just that right now on American Muscle, they're on sale at 145 dollars & the ones that are meant for convertible are like 209 & don't lower the car a full 1.5 inches. There are others that are for convertibles but cost 250. That's why I was interested in the sr performance springs because everyone has good reviews about them & they're only 145 right now. Do you have any recommendations?
I'd say go for it. They'll fit for sure. And what was said before is true, you may get even more of a drop with the added weight of the convertible. I have the eibach springs in my hatchback, and I love them. They are the two inch drop ones.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Find lots of customer pictures and compare. Google it, look on or e-mail American Muscle, check out sn95.com "lowering spring" thread. Keep in mind that after getting springs, there are still dozens of variations that can come together directly effecting, ride height, comfort, stability, ect..
*I installed FRPP "C" springs and got a 2.5" drop when all the dust settled & a very large amount of time & cash invested. I have also seen "after" pictures that appear to have had little to no drop.
-The convertible is heavier, should be to your advantage. Post pics when all done,
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

We've had quite a few customers run the SR lowering springs on their verts without any issues. They typically ended up lowering the car 1.6-1.7" instead of the standard 1.5" for coupes. The springs are not listed for convertibles strictly because they're suppose to lower each car exactly 1.5" and aren't designed for the extra weight of a vert. Other than that, as long as you're not constantly racing in autocross, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonhuerta95 View Post
I have a 1995 mustang gt convertible & I'm interested in the sr performance lowering springs. These springs say that they are for coupes & I was wondering how much they would lower my car since its a convertible?

SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe (79-04 GT, Mach 1, 93-98 Cobra) - Free Shipping!
Hey,

The Coupe springs will fit on your Convertible, but like everyone said the back may be lower. The Convertible top and motor is a few hundred pounds of weight, that a coupe doesn't have over the rear wheels! The Convertible SR Performance Spring rate is going to be a little bit stiffer, to support the added weight.

I'm not sure exactly what the drop will be if you do this, as there's really no way to tell. However, if it would make things easier for you, how about I hook you up with the SR Performance Springs for the Convertible, at the same price of the Coupe Springs?

Please let me know if you'd like to do this and I'll make it happen. Shoot me a PM with any questions you may have! You can also give my CS team a call if you have any questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That is a very nice offer.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT