What would you value my car at? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What would you value my car at?

Just interested in the estimated value of my car.

It's an 86 Gt from Florida, not a spot of rust. Has 81XXX original miles on it. Runs and drives mint. No issues. Original paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-527211369.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	573.1 KB
ID:	116292

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2671716278.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	896.1 KB
ID:	116293

It has:

CAI
Hooker shorty headers
H pipe
Flowmasters
New polished tailpipes
2 inch lowering springs (eibach)
Tubular control arms, upper and lower
3.73 gears with rebuilt rear end.
Steeda adjustable clutch quadrant
Hurst short throw
King cobra clutch
Mint leather seats out of an 04 GT.
literally brand new tired, stickers still on them. (Kumho ecsta ast)

Anyone have any idea?
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have no clue, but that's. beautiful car. I sure would love to have a 4 eyed
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
I have no clue, but that's. beautiful car. I sure would love to have a 4 eyed
Thank you! Always good the hear compliments about your car. Maybe have it up for sale soon through.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
$4,500 if its as clean as it looks in the pic, beautiful car btw hope you find someone who will take good care of it!
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
4-5k
Old 07-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
$4,500 if its as clean as it looks in the pic, beautiful car btw hope you find someone who will take good care of it!
+1 I'd say $4,500

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
If you want to sell it I would take the side stipes

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

*side stripes and put it on 4 eyed pride
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Nice, I was hoping to hear that. But yes the car is extremely clean.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Just the fact that its a clean, straight, rust free fox makes it worth a good chunk. Yours has very low mileage for the year and if the interior is as nice as you say... I would list it at $6k and come down from there. You can always come down.

Man, the things I would do to that fox... I love the 4 eyes and its old enough to be a classic in NJ which means its exempt from inspections. High compression 408 stroker in front of a stalled automatic is just begging to go in that thing.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Just the fact that its a clean, straight, rust free fox makes it worth a good chunk. Yours has very low mileage for the year and if the interior is as nice as you say... I would list it at $6k and come down from there. You can always come down.

Man, the things I would do to that fox... I love the 4 eyes and its old enough to be a classic in NJ which means its exempt from inspections. High compression 408 stroker in front of a stalled automatic is just begging to go in that thing.
Well Scotty, I'm from MA... I would love to sell it to someone knowledgable, and someone that wouldn't hack the car apart. But if you run across some money, she could be yours bud.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Haha nah I've got a build for my modular that is about to kick off after I get done sorting out some nerve damage and a bum knee... Yay being a mechanic since I was 19... Why are you deciding to sell such a clean fox? Finding another one so clean is going to be a chore. Just time for something else?

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha nah I've got a build for my modular that is about to kick off after I get done sorting out some nerve damage and a bum knee... Yay being a mechanic since I was 19... Why are you deciding to sell such a clean fox? Finding another one so clean is going to be a chore. Just time for something else?
Well, I'm a dodge guy at my roots. I'd love to get a nice little dodge dart. Maybe throw a 408 stroker in it with a torqueflite. And no, not a ford stroker haha. But if I could get close to 6k like you say, then I'd almost be doubling my money on this car... I practically stole it.

I guess I'm just stumped at the moment. I'm really starting to like my fox, but my
Mopar roots are starting to take over...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's worth 2k....but I'll be kind and give you 2.5k. Hehe...! All seriousness, beautiful car.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Mike View Post
It's worth 2k....but I'll be kind and give you 2.5k. Hehe...! All seriousness, beautiful car.
Haha I have no problem telling you where to put your 2k! Lol.

Thank you man.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
Well, I'm a dodge guy at my roots. I'd love to get a nice little dodge dart. Maybe throw a 408 stroker in it with a torqueflite. And no, not a ford stroker haha. But if I could get close to 6k like you say, then I'd almost be doubling my money on this car... I practically stole it.

I guess I'm just stumped at the moment. I'm really starting to like my fox, but my
Mopar roots are starting to take over...
I see where you are coming from, if you like Dodges you like Dodges. At least its not a Chevy lol. That fox you have... you will be HARD pressed to find one nicer and the fox is literally the most modifiable vehicle to come out... probably ever. And dirt cheap to mod too compared to everything else. Not to mention parts are EVERYWHERE both OEM and aftermarket and if you really don't like the 4 eye 86 look, well everything is swappable on foxes. You can put the 87-93 front end and a 87-89/90-93 interior right in.

If you do sell it though, I'd list it on a bunch of forum classifieds first. Here, the Corral is the biggest one, Stangnet, ModdedMustangs etc... You'll get a lot of interest just by listing "low mileage rust free 4 eye FS, NO RUST car. Survivor". Something like that. Dudes spend $1500 on a decent fox and then $thousands more to get the body right and paint before they even do anything performance wise.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I see where you are coming from, if you like Dodges you like Dodges. At least its not a Chevy lol. That fox you have... you will be HARD pressed to find one nicer and the fox is literally the most modifiable vehicle to come out... probably ever. And dirt cheap to mod too compared to everything else. Not to mention parts are EVERYWHERE both OEM and aftermarket and if you really don't like the 4 eye 86 look, well everything is swappable on foxes. You can put the 87-93 front end and a 87-89/90-93 interior right in.

If you do sell it though, I'd list it on a bunch of forum classifieds first. Here, the Corral is the biggest one, Stangnet, ModdedMustangs etc... You'll get a lot of interest just by listing "low mileage rust free 4 eye FS, NO RUST car. Survivor". Something like that. Dudes spend $1500 on a decent fox and then $thousands more to get the body right and paint before they even do anything performance wise.
Oh no, I LOVE the 4 eyed look. It's by far my favorite fox. But at this point, I'm leaning towards keeping it. It's incredibly clean, and I got it for an awesome price. It's a fun car, I just wish it had a little more sack... Lol. But for now, it's enough to please me, I'm more into the circuit racing anyways, where power isn't a huge factor.

I guess we will just see what happens!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT