Transmission Troubles pleas help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Transmission Troubles pleas help!!!

Hi I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible with the 5.0 v8 and unfortunately it has the AODE dogamatic transmission lmao! The car drives really nice and has a lot of power but for some reason it won't shift into second on its own unless I'm driving really slow but when I shift myself into second and than back into drive it shifts into third perfectly and than to overdrive with no problems! I haven't had my transmission flushed in a long time could that just be the problem?!
Scaggz302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yea it could, my automatic 94 gt convertible tranny took a crap a few years ago, only mine was slipping, it pups shift but struggle to do it. Anyway try a filter and fluid change for the tranny. If it ever comes to the point where you need to have it rebuilt I highly recommend Fairbanks shift kits. Also a b&m tranny cooler. Hope yours doesent need a rebuild. Good luck
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #3

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
Yea it could, my automatic 94 gt convertible tranny took a crap a few years ago, only mine was slipping, it pups shift but struggle to do it. Anyway try a filter and fluid change for the tranny. If it ever comes to the point where you need to have it rebuilt I highly recommend Fairbanks shift kits. Also a b&m tranny cooler. Hope yours doesent need a rebuild. Good luck

Awesome dude thank you soo much you really just made it so I can sleep a little easier knowing I have hope a cheap flush and filter change could save me haha!! I hope also that I don't need a rebuild lmao it's hard to afford the work I've already done and the tranny is the last un touched piece haha! But trust me my Stang is no show car!! Lol just a learning experience that I tried my best on and put my blood sweat and tears into ..... And don't forget hard earned cash haha!! I'll found out in the morning tho wish me luck haha \m/ \m/
Scaggz302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Funny. My AOD in my coupe does that too. I have to kick it into second by pushing it to drive them back down to low the back to drive to hit drive and OD.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaggz302 View Post

Awesome dude thank you soo much you really just made it so I can sleep a little easier knowing I have hope a cheap flush and filter change could save me haha!! I hope also that I don't need a rebuild lmao it's hard to afford the work I've already done and the tranny is the last un touched piece haha! But trust me my Stang is no show car!! Lol just a learning experience that I tried my best on and put my blood sweat and tears into ..... And don't forget hard earned cash haha!! I'll found out in the morning tho wish me luck haha \m/ \m/
No problem, my 94 is no show car ither, it needs a drivers door and money is tight to. I just replaced my convertible top because the old one ripped it was 400 and the shop wanted 1000 for the top and install so I said kindly f&$@ you and did it myself. It's not prefect but it looks good. Any way it was $1000 to do my tranny because my friend did the labor free and I bought all the parts witch were the $1000. Anyway he said I need to change the tranny fluid every year, change the filter every year. And buy a tranny cooler witch I was lazy and waited 3 years to get. Anyway he also put a part in it that police interceptors have in there tranny cuz it's the same one believe it or not. Like cop cars have parts designed to make the last forever and this is one of them. If you end up having to do the tranny bring this thread back and ask I will dig through my paperwork and find what the part was.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT