91 GT with a C4 trans - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
91 GT with a C4 trans

I bought this car for a project/resto, it was pretty banged up. After finishing all the visual/drivability stuff, now its upgrading. The owner swapped the AOD to a C4 trans, but the shift linkage dosent match correctly, even the mounting was half a$$ed for that matter. Since it's a 3 speed it shifts out of 1st fairly quickly losing its "off the line" power, and the way the linkage is I can't get into low manually, only 2nd. If I adjust the linkage to get me low, then I lose park. Anyone heard of an AOD to a c4/c5 swap that didnt mess up the gear travel?
jsampson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Sounds weird to me.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
My father told me I can get an aftermarket shift modulator for it, that has a set screw that can be adjusted to bump out all the shift points. But it just sucks not have manual low. We had it on the lift and disconnected the linkage and moved the shift lever my hand, and it hits every gear. But you can see that there just isnt enough cable travel to get the job done.
jsampson02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT