paranoid..slipping clutch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
paranoid..slipping clutch

Read through some threads and googled..seems sometimes when push in clutch revs go up couple hundred before letting out. Haven't had any problems reving when push gas. Haven't tried to intentionally stall car in 5th..will it hurt car stalling hard like that? Sometimes when leaving engages first fine initially but then acts like going to stall? Clutch prob less than year old ram clutch Kit. This id my first manual. Had about 3yrs..replaced clutch kit and used trans from mechanic when 3rd sounded like was rattling and going to explode lol. Haven't tried starting in higher Gears. I do downshift now sometimes, blip throttle as letting out so doesn't rev. Obvious ride clutch tiny when in first and reverse in driveway everyday now. Also blip throttle as well as letting out in other gears so doesn't buck lose momentum.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Usually if your clutch is wearing out or if you have bad adjustment you will be able to press the gas and your RPM's will climb fast and the car accelerates slowly. Usually when you press in the clutch, your engine will return to the normal idle, sometimes the RPM's will increase by a few hundred and then fall back to your normal idle. Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's not necessary to blip the throttle between shifts. The main purpose for that is when your road racing to keep the back tires from momentarily locking up on aggressive downshifts going into turns. It's not going to hurt anything, but under normal driving conditions it's not really going to save your clutch any wear either.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input and piece of mind . Just did the throttle thing for smoother transition on up and so didn't lurch and revs go up downshifting. I may stop that lol
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds like your IAC is dirty or malfunctioning and/or your idle is off.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I just cleaned iac a few days ago. My maf I've always been wondering about. I cleaned once. Tried to recently but one screw is stripped so can't get out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT