rare gts??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Nice car sir. My brother order a 95 GTS back in the day. Power everything , no spoiler. It was nice. I drove a 96 248a optioned car for a good while. No power anything. No spoiler. Literally nothing but a v8. I thought it was a GTS but research proved otherwise. It's a misunderstood, but cool piece of Stang history
I agree.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

Gtfo with your v6 punkass.

And y'all wonder why there's no respect for your kind.
Lmao
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

@op...love the info. my co-worker had a gts. although i was under the impression gts's were stripped down GT's not power everything...and no wing
That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought the GTS designation was for the stripped down versions which was basically the same thing as getting an LX 5.0 Fox body. I guess you could get an LX 5.0 fully optioned out and a vert with the summer special cars, so maybe I've been wrong about the GTS this whole time lol.

Maybe the GTS was the only way to get a totally stripped down base model w/ the GT drivetrain? But wouldn't they just make it a GT with all those options?
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought the GTS designation was for the stripped down versions which was basically the same thing as getting an LX 5.0 Fox body. I guess you could get an LX 5.0 fully optioned out and a vert with the summer special cars, so maybe I've been wrong about the GTS this whole time lol.

Maybe the GTS was the only way to get a totally stripped down base model w/ the GT drivetrain? But wouldn't they just make it a GT with all those options?
Aha same thought here but all the items mine has are top of the line for that year pony embroidered leather seats PW/ door locks. Full "cobra type suspension" even the lighted visors fog lights and rear view that were all not an option for the gts. Again not necessarily looking for an omg car but more just curiosity as to what. Especially since ford said they didn't make any verts but when he pulled the vin he said umm this is a first. All curiosity. In 15 years it could be worth something. But I'm deciding what direction to go I'm thinking redo interior to stock. And mod the engine more as well as suspension. Keep it stock outside as well.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Yeah that'd be pretty cool to have something that was very rare like that. Definitely a conversation starter at a Mustang meet up or car show or something lol
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

I think that's what they did in 06,07 and 08 with the 248a. Bare bones. Roll up windows. No spoiler. The GTS from 95 could be optioned to a point. I've read that they are very rare with a manual drivers seat, meaning that the majority of them had power seats.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post
The stock .motor was the listed at 240 and the numbers i got came from here (forums) and a few other sites I took the avg listed numbers and came up with 310. Lol. here's the list mild cam not stock but not sure on size. Gt 40 heads/ intake ( I know expl but flows almost same as the cobra) Long tube headers x pipe flow master 40's. Performance tb 76 mm 24 lb injectors with maf ported Maf tube ( why this is supposed to free up 3 HP is beyond me. It it was started before I got the car so I fixed it). Removed screen. Lightly ported intake( may finish or swap for new one. Thought 310 was a bit high figured closer to 280. Plans are a electric water pump. Aluminum drive shaft. Bigger cam / valves better intake, better tb and adjustable Maf, heads ported. bump steer kit. And full body media blast and repaint.
If you are talking about RWHP then no, you won't even be at 280. FWHP you very well might be in the upper 200s but it really doesn't matter as much as what times it runs.

As for it being a super rare GTS... even if it is I doubt its worth that much. Even ultra clean 94/95 Cobras with low mileage are only worth $10k right now...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

If you are talking about RWHP then no, you won't even be at 280. FWHP you very well might be in the upper 200s but it really doesn't matter as much as what times it runs.

As for it being a super rare GTS... even if it is I doubt its worth that much. Even ultra clean 94/95 Cobras with low mileage are only worth $10k right now...
I read this and got extremely confused :p
You were trying to say flywheel horsepower, I read front wheel horsepower.
I was thinking to myself "how the heck does he power the front wheels?!?!?"
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

fwhp=flywheel horsepower. Obviously not front wheel drive power on a rwd car... lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Fwd...now that's a rare gts....lol might bump the value to barret Jackson status...lol
jduckz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Don't even get me started on BJ/Mecum and all the other asshats running the price of the older Muscle cars out of the reach of normal working class ppl who would actually enjoy them on the road...

Old 08-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Going info and opinions
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Going info and opinions
Can't type. Good info
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Don't even get me started on BJ/Mecum and all the other asshats running the price of the older Muscle cars out of the reach of normal working class ppl who would actually enjoy them on the road...
I agree. I'd love to get myself in a mean little Dart Swinger, but nowadays you can even get a rust free body for less than 5k. And that's a lot for a college student lol.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
I agree. I'd love to get myself in a mean little Dart Swinger, but nowadays you can even get a rust free body for less than 5k. And that's a lot for a college student lol.
Anything MOPAR is ridiculously expensive to build... a late 60s/early 70s Mustang is honestly probably the cheapest. And the crap thing about the auctions is it isn't just some rich ******* buying a numbers matching 67 Corvette 427 for $125k and then garaging it and driving it on memorial day, july 4th and labor day. The same ******bag holds on to it for a bit and then puts it back up for auction and another prick buys it for MORE money and then he turns around and takes the money he got for it and buys ANOTHER rare vehicle with it and then rinse/repeat and its really a very small group of ppl buying /selling/buying these cars and jacking the prices out of reach for normal ppl. Even the shells like you said are $5k minimum and that's for one that is shot to hell. Unless you find some crazy farm gem some old person is just getting rid of for nothing and even then...

Ugh, this is why I'm into latemodel cars like my 98. Same simple formula for a fraction of the cost. My 98 is V8 to 5 speed trans to solid axle rear end on a chassis all the way back from 1978. And with my vinyl upholstery it smells like an old muscle car too.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

So my thought is (as i said before) to keep the stock interior as is. Mod performance parts suspension and mild engine upgrades ( maybe a supercharger lol) keep it stock on the outside. And for now keep it black. If I keep it 10 or more years and it comes out that it is "rare" then take it back to factory opal frost. ( I shudder at that color just plain. Ugly). In other words taking all into consideration play with it enjoy it and just in case don't go overboard. Dont plan on racing it so thanks to all.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #52
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
So my thought is (as i said before) to keep the stock interior as is. Mod performance parts suspension and mild engine upgrades ( maybe a supercharger lol) keep it stock on the outside. And for now keep it black. If I keep it 10 or more years and it comes out that it is "rare" then take it back to factory opal frost. ( I shudder at that color just plain. Ugly). In other words taking all into consideration play with it enjoy it and just in case don't go overboard. Dont plan on racing it so thanks to all.
It's bassicly sliver not too bad
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT