rare gts??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
rare gts???

Short as possible. I spent a month doing research on my gts. This is what I found out.
In 1995 ford built 165036 mustangs. Roughly 4800 of those were gts. And only 312 were opal frost. For those who know the gts know very few came with much at all other than v8 and a few other request able items. I verified the following with Ford directly ( no paper work yet I'm still working on them releasing it to me) I have in my garage a correctly titled 95 gt/gts power everything, leather seats,' factory fog lights, oil cooler (same as cobra factory installed) rear wing. Lighted visors. And the last part. Which according to the Mfr and a few other mustang sources could make it one of a kind its a convertible. As of what I've found it may be the only gts vert made as there were no gts production models made that way and only mine listed. Now I know I have 1 of 312 by color and 1 of less than a hundred with all the options. But mre information is all ways help full.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ok, everyone let's chip in and give him a gold star.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No need to be a sarcastic ******.

OP, seems like you got your ducks all in a row. I'd try to track down a car brochure from back in the day and find out. That or find the build sheet.

Finally, if your not the original owner, is it possible it was converted to a convertible?

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john
Agreed. That comment was unnecessary and pretty immature.

Post some pics of the gts!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It's my comment and if you don't like it, too BAD!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
It's my comment and if you don't like it, too BAD!
Worry about ur plasti dip and stay out of this side of the forum. This is where guys actually work on their cars instead of talking about cat backs for threads upon threads.
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
Worry about ur plasti dip and stay out of this side of the forum. This is where guys actually work on their cars instead of talking about cat backs for threads upon threads.

A little too much go juice tonight. I didn't say a thing about plastic dip.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You clearly have nothing to contribute so honestly why even bother? You are wasting your time saying garbage like that over here. Take your gold star out of ur @ss and eat it.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A little too much go juice tonight. I didn't say a thing about plastic dip.
Gtfo with your v6 punkass.

And y'all wonder why there's no respect for your kind.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

. I'd try to track down a car brochure from back in the day and find out. That or find the build sheet.

Finally, if your not the original owner, is it possible it was converted to a convertible?
Did that that's what I found odd once I got info from ford as to it being all correct they told me that a. Build sheet is generic for 1995 due to some tracking issue with them only tracking coupes. So did research on factory installed parts and everything is factory Correct even the vert top and motor relays/ mounts and it has the stock x brace on the front. The cobra oil cooler has ford stamps and is connected with the same bolts and mounts that the factory used. Again. Any weeks of curiosity. Plus I'm trying to decide what to do was looking at a 351 pushing bout 500 HP. But if this happened to be "rare" (hate using that word) then I need to get is back to original color at a minimum.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Agreed. That comment was unnecessary and pretty immature.

Post some pics of the gts!
Pics coming shortly. Its not stock any more. Pushing about 310 HP now with simple mods and adjustments.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130803_222852.png
Views:	261
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	121923

Name:	ForumRunner_20130803_223115.png
Views:	259
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	121926

Name:	ForumRunner_20130803_223020.png
Views:	260
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	121925

Its been painted black original color was opal frost. Ugly *** grey if u ask me. But who knows
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20130803_222923.png
Views:	222
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	121924  
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

Gtfo with your v6 punkass.

And y'all wonder why there's no respect for your kind.
Responding to an immature comment with another immature comment. Way to go man.

And what do you mean no "respect for your kind"? You should know the V6 owners make up a large percentage of this forum. And a new stock V6 would kill your foxbody

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72

Its been painted black original color was opal frost. Ugly *** grey if u ask me. But who knows
Sexy car brother, love those bullit rims.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="BlackedStang;1747412"]

Responding to an immature comment with another immature comment. Way to go man.

And what do you mean no "respect for your kind"? You should know the V6 owners make up a large percentage of this forum. And a new stock V6 would kill your foxbody

Lol no it won't.

And the lack of tech and knowledgable people on the forum is why it's dying.

OP, are you going to restore or ?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Sexy car brother, love those bullit rims.
Thanks. they were free from a Buddy off an 05. Had to use spacers on the rear tires rubbed exhaust and inner fender. I like the clean look but have toyed with stripes on the hood or side. Yet if I find out she is "rare" then the outside will go back to stock color. As well *** the interiors but under the hood will be the sto k. BLock with a few mor add ons.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Not trying to get in on this cry baby Whiney Whiney stuff, but a new V6 is faster than a stock fox. For sure. I don't even know if your fox is stock, I suppose I'm just assuming lol. But still, they are quick.

I agree with someone else who previously posted though, every thread in the 10-14 forum always seems to be "what should I plastidip next?!" Or "has any plastidipped their windows?!" Stupid stuff like that. SMH.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: Very cool info. If you get some nice paint on that car, and keep the miles low and mostly original, you'll have a big money car down the road.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You clearly have nothing to contribute so honestly why even bother? You are wasting your time saying garbage like that over here. Take your gold star out of ur @ss and eat it.
Lmfao

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Well that was some . interesting info and cool to read too iMHO
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Looking at your underhood pic, sorry to tell you but your not pushing 310 hp, maybe 230-250 hp
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post

Lmfao

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Well that was some . interesting info and cool to read too iMHO
Ill be here all week haha
Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
Looking at your underhood pic, sorry to tell you but your not pushing 310 hp, maybe 230-250 hp
The stock .motor was the listed at 240 and the numbers i got came from here (forums) and a few other sites I took the avg listed numbers and came up with 310. Lol. here's the list mild cam not stock but not sure on size. Gt 40 heads/ intake ( I know expl but flows almost same as the cobra) Long tube headers x pipe flow master 40's. Performance tb 76 mm 24 lb injectors with maf ported Maf tube ( why this is supposed to free up 3 HP is beyond me. It it was started before I got the car so I fixed it). Removed screen. Lightly ported intake( may finish or swap for new one. Thought 310 was a bit high figured closer to 280. Plans are a electric water pump. Aluminum drive shaft. Bigger cam / valves better intake, better tb and adjustable Maf, heads ported. bump steer kit. And full body media blast and repaint.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ill be here all week haha
Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'd get an a9l computer on there pronto.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
I'd get an a9l computer on there pronto.
Won't just bolt on with the 94-95 5.0's.

Better off getting an AFM PMS

Check the stickies for more info

Old 08-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Ok, everyone let's chip in and give him a gold star.
What a DICK
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Ur GTA has been painted and modified already the way u like so far...original is not gonna help in ur lifetime...modify and enjoy your car....how rare it is doesn't matter at this time and probably not for 20yrs...too many more desirable mustangs r out there...

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Meant gts...auto correct...lol
jduckz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

that's enough...the next comment that doesn't help this thread will receive and infraction. because this is the warning.

@op...love the info. my co-worker had a gts. although i was under the impression gts's were stripped down GT's not power everything...and no wing

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

O hope u didn't mean me??? His car is already painted and modified...and op stated he doesnt like the original color...I simply told him to enjoy his car and gave my opinion of how that car won't be worth as much as he might think original...maybe after 20or so years..
Old 08-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
that's enough...the next comment that doesn't help this thread will receive and infraction. because this is the warning.

@op...love the info. my co-worker had a gts. although i was under the impression gts's were stripped down GT's not power everything...and no wing
That was my impression as well
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post

The stock .motor was the listed at 240 and the numbers i got came from here (forums) and a few other sites I took the avg listed numbers and came up with 310. Lol. here's the list mild cam not stock but not sure on size. Gt 40 heads/ intake ( I know expl but flows almost same as the cobra) Long tube headers x pipe flow master 40's. Performance tb 76 mm 24 lb injectors with maf ported Maf tube ( why this is supposed to free up 3 HP is beyond me. It it was started before I got the car so I fixed it). Removed screen. Lightly ported intake( may finish or swap for new one. Thought 310 was a bit high figured closer to 280. Plans are a electric water pump. Aluminum drive shaft. Bigger cam / valves better intake, better tb and adjustable Maf, heads ported. bump steer kit. And full body media blast and repaint.
Lol 215FWHP from a good one.

Quote:

Won't just bolt on with the 94-95 5.0's.

Better off getting an AFM PMS

Check the stickies for more info
It goes right in, requires a few pins to be swapped, no biggie and the PMS is nice for heavily modded

Quote:

You are correct. Some come with a few things as dealer add ons.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i thought so...the GTS was kinda supposed to be the "track" GT lol. we ended up swapping a 4v in his and painting it olive drab

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So did I I became curious when I was looking up gts info. Thought it was a typo on the title. Then the top stopped working (relay). As I was looking I could t find gts vert. Hence the research began. The .ore I found out what it didnt come with the deeper I dug. Even went as far as looking up factory mounts connectors fuse blocks and bolts. It all made perfect sense and none at all. Then I found out the original owner special ordered it that way.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

A funny moment from my research. Had a guy supposed to be an expert on sn95 actually argue with me (via email). 3d email told me I was f in stupid that sparked my fire a bit as I was just asking simple question s like in here. So I politely scanned my title and enclosed a few photos ( no personal Info ). And replied as follows well I have one in my garage here's the proof. All I asked for was assistance if you do t want to give it then why reply in the first place. He said something about service to his country for the national guard and respect and busy. My last reply. Oh we'll thanks for your service to this country I can definitely understand that you may be busy. Respect is earned not given and by the way I just retired from 20 year career as a Marine I was there for the beginning. If you need proof of that I'll be glad to send it. Semper fi. His last email said. Oh my apologies.
I found it funny as hell.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

People have special order mustangs everyday and even every manager at the dealership does the ordering of cars he wants on his lot with the options he wants....and most are mustang enthusiasts so ordering special packages on mustangs is a common practice...to answer ur info ? It's rare like a 90s 7upedition almost but yours isn't the foxbody...my 89 or 93 gt I can't remember which was built in Canada so was a titled cobra...doesn't mean anything....u should of checked if it made a difference in your cars value being a gts or gt...instead of checking every bolt...imo
Old 08-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar72 View Post
Short as possible. I spent a month doing research on my gts. This is what I found out.
In 1995 ford built 165036 mustangs. Roughly 4800 of those were gts. And only 312 were opal frost. For those who know the gts know very few came with much at all other than v8 and a few other request able items. I verified the following with Ford directly ( no paper work yet I'm still working on them releasing it to me) I have in my garage a correctly titled 95 gt/gts power everything, leather seats,' factory fog lights, oil cooler (same as cobra factory installed) rear wing. Lighted visors. And the last part. Which according to the Mfr and a few other mustang sources could make it one of a kind its a convertible. As of what I've found it may be the only gts vert made as there were no gts production models made that way and only mine listed. Now I know I have 1 of 312 by color and 1 of less than a hundred with all the options. But mre information is all ways help full.
Nice car sir. My brother order a 95 GTS back in the day. Power everything , no spoiler. It was nice. I drove a 96 248a optioned car for a good while. No power anything. No spoiler. Literally nothing but a v8. I thought it was a GTS but research proved otherwise. It's a misunderstood, but cool piece of Stang history
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

It goes right in, requires a few pins to be swapped, no biggie and the PMS is nice for heavily modded
Yeah, a few pins that could be easily screwed up. Me personally, I'll pass on messing with that. Computers and electrical stuff is already finicky enough on these older mustangs.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:

Yeah, a few pins that could be easily screwed up. Me personally, I'll pass on messing with that. Computers and electrical stuff is already finicky enough on these older mustangs.
Its actually pretty simple. You can have the computer out, re pin the harness and reinstall the computer in an hour.
87fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT