95 GT wont start!! Help???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #1

Region: Canada
95 GT wont start!! Help????

Hey everyone, I just recently purchased a 95 mustang GT and now it wont start. On my way to work one day my car just died going down a hill. I figured the car ran out of gas so put gas in and still wouldn't start, had it towed home. A few hours went by and the car started right up. So I changed the fuel filter and it drove awesome for about a week .Then one day it died on me right in my driveway as I was trying to back it out. Now the car has not started in two weeks. I now notice there is no noise of the fuel pump coming on when I turn the key as well. I had a mechanic come by and scan for codes and he came up with a 452 which he wasn t quite sure what that meant. So today I changed the Ignition control module as per his advice and still nothing. Also there is no fuel coming out of valve at fuel rail(Schrader valve). My next step is to change the fuel pump relay I guess??? By the way I have checked all fuses and the inertia switch in trunk already. I'm hoping someone else has had experience with this and can help, funds are definitely limited. Thanks
95 pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Change the fuel pump before anything else.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like the relay or the pump itself both are pretty inexpensive to fix. You can test the relay with a test light or voltmeter on the power out wire when you turn the key on it should get power
92coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

Region: Oklahoma
My buddys 98 mustang did the same thing, I told him to replace the fuel pump and filter after scanning it and it runs fine now.
BigB1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
+1 on the fuel pump

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Pump and filter... Clogged filter can f*** up the way your car runs big time and all this stuff in today's gasoline... Forget about it
Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #7

Region: Canada
alright so I found no power at the inertia switch on the green yellow wire, so I ran a wire directly from battery to switch and the fuel pump turned on right away. So I checked as much wire as I could for power and found power at all green yellow wire under the hood and as far back at the rockers beside the seat, so I spliced in a new wire from there to the fuel pump switch and everything worked great. .....But then two days later was taking car to work and same thing again.....NO POWER to the fuel pump.. Now I have no power anywhere on the green yellow in the car but have power at that wire under the hood?????????????. I pulled the plastic panel at the passenger side where the eec is and there is no power there at the green yellow.. now what? PLEASE HELP!
95 pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Start at the constant control relay module. Give pin 5 power if the pump comes on then you problem is some where from the ccrm on back.
mike_jay5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Did you check fuses? You may have blown one after jumping the wire to the fuel pump.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT