95 5 lug brake system fit on fox body - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
95 5 lug brake system fit on fox body

Have the chance to get all the brakes and spindles off a 95 GT mustang. Will the axles and set up all work for the most part? Will I need brake booster/master cylinder too and what do you feel is a fair price? Thanks
Sybesma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You will want the 95 spindels and MC, you don't have to use the booster but you can, its just a pain to swap and its not that big of a difference. U will also need an adapter for the passenger brake line to bolt up, you can order it for $5 at latemodelresto. Also you might want to see if you can find 99-04 brake calipers, they are 2 piston and work much better than the 94-98 single piston. 99-04 PBR calipers are what I used on my 86 and I noticed a big difference!

The 95 axles are too long, you will have to buy after market axles or use ranger axles. Can't remember if its 2 passenger or driver side but I'm sure you can find it on google.

I spent about $160 on my spindles, calipers and MC. Got them from pick-a-part
watson 1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by watson 1025 View Post
You will want the 95 spindels and MC, you don't have to use the booster but you can, its just a pain to swap and its not that big of a difference. U will also need an adapter for the passenger brake line to bolt up, you can order it for $5 at latemodelresto. Also you might want to see if you can find 99-04 brake calipers, they are 2 piston and work much better than the 94-98 single piston. 99-04 PBR calipers are what I used on my 86 and I noticed a big difference!

The 95 axles are too long, you will have to buy after market axles or use ranger axles. Can't remember if its 2 passenger or driver side but I'm sure you can find it on google.

On this note, you will also need to upgrade to the 95 lower ball joints. The whole rearend will work under a fox off of the 95 gt. You just have to watch the backspace on the wheels and get the e-brake cables from the car with the bracket to hold the cables
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Its been about a month since I did mine. Forgot about the ball joints! Ether that or spacers, but if you have it appart might as well change the ball joints.
watson 1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson 1025 View Post

Okay thanks for the info. A guy is parting out his whole 95 mustang and I claimed the 5 lug of it. With the emergency cable. Do I just hook that up to my existing brake lever in the car? Not positive but looks like the calipers and rotors may have been updated. The calipers are red. Could have painted them too. He also said 500 for it all. Seems little high and not sure what it all goes into that yet.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybesma07 View Post

Okay thanks for the info. A guy is parting out his whole 95 mustang and I claimed the 5 lug of it. With the emergency cable. Do I just hook that up to my existing brake lever in the car? Not positive but looks like the calipers and rotors may have been updated. The calipers are red. Could have painted them too. He also said 500 for it all. Seems little high and not sure what it all goes into that yet.
Use the cables off the 95 and get the brake that is spot welded under the car the cables hook through and yes your handle will work. I'm on my second fox with 95+ rearend under it. And the e-brake works great just got to remember the brake lines need some tweaking to line up or LMR sells the adapter lines for that swap also u will need a proportion valve in line on the pass side firewall to balance the system without the master swap
Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Horse View Post

Use the cables off the 95 and get the brake that is spot welded under the car the cables hook through and yes your handle will work. I'm on my second fox with 95+ rearend under it. And the e-brake works great just got to remember the brake lines need some tweaking to line up or LMR sells the adapter lines for that swap also u will need a proportion valve in line on the pass side firewall to balance the system without the master swap
Okay thanks for info. What size tire are you able to run with that axle being a little wider? Able to fit a 9" wide tire in the wheel well with out rubbing or rolling the fenders in? Plus what do you think is a good price for all that off a 95 mustang?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I have that on my 88 hatch gt, it has no back seat w/ KYB shocks n Eibach springs. I also have FR500's all way around w 17x9's front n 17x10.5's rear, 225/45/17 front w/ 275/40/17's rear. Have not had any issues as of yet. If u can get all that off a car you were talking about it's worth the time and $500
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Okay cool. So I may just put his axles in my rearend for now instead of taking the while rearend because I'm not sure he'll throw that in on that price. If I can for sure fit 17x9s in the wheel well on the back. I'll be fine with that 3/4 to 1" wider. Also do you like your KYB shocks? Looking for a nice ride and not stiff and rough ride.

Do you also have pictures of it?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

His rear axles will not work in your fox housing, that housing is an inch wider than the fox. I will post pictures in my album, I'm on 2 other sites too so it might take a little while, here are some teasers

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130821_224040.png
Views:	313
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	125100

Name:	ForumRunner_20130821_224000.png
Views:	276
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	125099
Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
His rear axles will not work in your fox housing, that housing is an inch wider than the fox. I will post pictures in my album, I'm on 2 other sites too so it might take a little while, here are some teasers
Housings are the same, only the axles are longer.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post

Housings are the same, only the axles are longer.
No, the axle housings are wider on the sn95 than the fox 8.8, its only like 1.5 inches overall wider
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

No, the axle housings are wider on the sn95 than the fox 8.8, its only like 1.5 inches overall wider
I can asure you that my sn95 housing under my car is the same length as my original. Only the axles were longer. They may be longer from the 99-up, but not 94-98.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I agree. From what I read it is 3/4 to 1" longer and have seen multiple people say theirs are 3/4 wider on each side.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Looks wider than that under the car
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks wider than that under the car
I sometimes like the wider stance but then have the issue of the fender rubbing on top of the tire and can't lower it to much.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I removed the rear seat to drop #'s and have eibach racing springs. Worst case can add the coil spacers for the jeeps. Its a cheap fix with an extra inch of clearance
Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well got all the 5 lug stuff off the 95 mustang yesterday. Starting to sandblast it all now. Say do I need the plate that are on the back axles that the calipers hook too? Or do I need to buy new aftermarket ones that relocate the calipers? Also where does the emergency brake cable hook up to my fox? I have the two wires, the bracket the the small cable the to hook up to. Don't quite understand how that all hooks up.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The 2 wires are for the anti lock brakes. The e brake cables hook to the calipers and then to bracket under center tunnel. And yes you need the caliper brackets if your keeping the fox rear end the cable bracket behind the brake handle needs to come off the sn95 or move yours back 2-2.5 inches. If you get lost you can Google it
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 2 wires are for the anti lock brakes. The e brake cables hook to the calipers and then to bracket under center tunnel. And yes you need the caliper brackets if your keeping the fox rear end the cable bracket behind the brake handle needs to come off the sn95 or move yours back 2-2.5 inches. If you get lost you can Google it
Okay thanks. So the cable bracket behind the E brake? Is that a bolt on part? Is it under the car or retrieve it from inside the car? Oh and I got the brake booster off the sn95 too. It's much bigger then mine on my fox. Will it clear everything and is it really make that big of a difference? Will the brake pedal in the sn95 fit in my fox too because mine is missing. I bought a 88 LX roller. Sorry for all the questions. Half these question I can't find online.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

That is not a bolt on bracket. You will need to find the spot welds from the top inside the car and drill them out you can cut the carpet back behind the console and you should be able to see the factory spot welds. Your booster is fine but sn95 should clear and pedal will go too but you need the other booster if going to use brake pedal. So your building an automatic car huh? It's all good with the questions cause I'm building one right now too. That's why we're here!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Oh okay yeah I got that bracket that's spot welded. Just wasn't sure what you were saying about the other bracket. But reread it and your saying I have to use the sn95 brake handle or move mine back 2-2.5 inches? To move mine back I would have to re drill the holes and set it back. Then will the console fit around the e brake if I move it back and if I used the sn95. Will it bolt to my factory holes? Guess I figured I didn't need that handle. Yeah building a nice fast street car that handles nice too. It's a original 5 speed. 1988 black LX 5.0 5speed. Thinking a stroker motor for now and then find a 03-04 cobra motor or coyote motor. What are you building?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh okay yeah I got that bracket that's spot welded. Just wasn't sure what you were saying about the other bracket. But reread it and your saying I have to use the sn95 brake handle or move mine back 2-2.5 inches? To move mine back I would have to re drill the holes and set it back. Then will the console fit around the e brake if I move it back and if I used the sn95. Will it bolt to my factory holes? Guess I figured I didn't need that handle. Yeah building a nice fast street car that handles nice too. It's a original 5 speed. 1988 black LX 5.0 5speed. Thinking a stroker motor for now and then find a 03-04 cobra motor or coyote motor. What are you building?
You don't need the handle or move your factory handle just use that bracket for the cables then hook up e brake cables move the bracket back till there is tension on them and mount it. That's all there is too it. I'm building a 88 hatch gt, 331 stroker, manns racing t5, all 98 suspension components, kyb struts n shocks, eibach springs, tubular rear control arms upper n lower, 34# injectors and all 91 wiring with a9p pcm I'm a little over 9700 in the build at this point and still haven't heard it run. My last toy dyno'd 355 hp at the flywheel, this motor is nasty n should make north of 410rwhp
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You don't need the handle or move your factory handle just use that bracket for the cables then hook up e brake cables move the bracket back till there is tension on them and mount it. That's all there is too it. I'm building a 88 hatch gt, 331 stroker, manns racing t5, all 98 suspension components, kyb struts n shocks, eibach springs, tubular rear control arms upper n lower, 34# injectors and all 91 wiring with a9p pcm I'm a little over 9700 in the build at this point and still haven't heard it run. My last toy dyno'd 355 hp at the flywheel, this motor is nasty n should make north of 410rwhp
Okay that's what I thought. I just got confused from a few quotes back. That's exactly what I'm thinking. Thinking towards a 347 stroker now. More torque but like the sound and look of 331 ha. What did you pay for you stroker kit? You buy a block all complete or a kit and put it in your stock block? I see kits for around 900 and the complete block kit for 2500. Want to do a budge car and see how good of a quality job for cheap and repair old parts. What did you Also do for the top end? Thinking myself of the truck flow kit but really want AFR heads bad. I can buy a 331 stroker motor with trick flow top end kit with a after market clutch and t-5 tranny for 3500. All the components on it too.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay that's what I thought. I just got confused from a few quotes back. That's exactly what I'm thinking. Thinking towards a 347 stroker now. More torque but like the sound and look of 331 ha. What did you pay for you stroker kit? You buy a block all complete or a kit and put it in your stock block? I see kits for around 900 and the complete block kit for 2500. Want to do a budge car and see how good of a quality job for cheap and repair old parts. What did you Also do for the top end? Thinking myself of the truck flow kit but really want AFR heads bad. I can buy a 331 stroker motor with trick flow top end kit with a after market clutch and t-5 tranny for 3500. All the components on it too.
Got the stroker kit and the heads from speedway motors. Heads are 700 a set complete and the stroker kit was .030 & 815.00 with rods, pistons, crank & bearings and rings. All ARP fasteners, e303 cam, tranny only cost me 1100. And all crammed into a stock block. Also running gear drives for timing with MSD dizzy 9mm wires n 6a box. The 347 makes a lot of torque but not good for DD will have less life due to wrist pin angle. I'm running the ffrp Cobra intake n bbk cai fenderwell kit and their headers
Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hey sybesma07, if u decide to not get the 331strocker with clutch and t-5 tranny, u think u could get me contact info for it? That's not a bad deal at all for $3500, if everthing is in good shape. I haven't decided a route to take my 85gt jus yet. Still jus stock 302 with afr 165heads an edlebrock manifold with holley carb now. But I'm jus lookin out for good deals to go bigger in future.
bnoist114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoist114 View Post
Hey sybesma07, if u decide to not get the 331strocker with clutch and t-5 tranny, u think u could get me contact info for it? That's not a bad deal at all for $3500, if everthing is in good shape. I haven't decided a route to take my 85gt jus yet. Still jus stock 302 with afr 165heads an edlebrock manifold with holley carb now. But I'm jus lookin out for good deals to go bigger in future.
Yeah I will. Most likely buy it from my friend but if not I'll let you know. He won't ship though.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Y'all make me jealous! I'm gonna see how much power I can squeeze out of my factory 86 short block with full bolt ons.

I just haven't decided which route I wanna go down the road.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Check out this. ...... my little 331 stroker getting closer to go time

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_232317.png
Views:	353
Size:	999.2 KB
ID:	127742

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_232332.png
Views:	282
Size:	920.8 KB
ID:	127743
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Very nice!!!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Check out this. ...... my little 331 stroker getting closer to go time
Check out what? Curious how it runs and would like to see it and numbers you produce. Wanting the same type of setup. May do the trick flow kit or AFR heads.

Never mind the pictures came in after I hit send.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

It is getting closer by the day

Name:	ForumRunner_20130909_214131.png
Views:	205
Size:	866.8 KB
ID:	128197

Name:	ForumRunner_20130909_214152.png
Views:	250
Size:	852.8 KB
ID:	128198

Name:	ForumRunner_20130909_214207.png
Views:	273
Size:	824.2 KB
ID:	128199
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Where u put the battery in your hatch?
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Where the rear seat used to be. Made a delete for it and put a battery box in on passenger side where u sit
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoist114 View Post
I ended up buy the works and stroker motor. If I change my mind in the future I will hit you up.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote:
I bought my 331 stroker motor and tranny today. Hope to pick it all up next weekend. Maybe you can help me. I'm putting this 95 331 stroker motor with trick flow top end kit on it and many more. Has t-5 with center force clutch kit. Now for wire harness and computers? Which one do I use? The one out of the 95 to that motor or the one out a fox body mustang? I will have both. Wanna know what all wires I will need to grab off that car if needed. Either way I'm getting the wire harness and computer. Just not sure which one to use.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT