86 Questions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
It would be great if we could get the measurement from the bottom of the hatch and out from the 3rd brake light
Ill be on the tomorrow afternoon
SuperSnake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Awesome! Thanks!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks!
Is maaco any good? I need my car painted but 2k is hard to put down like that. Ice heard good and bad things about maaco. What should i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSnake1 View Post

Is maaco any good? I need my car painted but 2k is hard to put down like that. Ice heard good and bad things about maaco. What should i do?
Please trust me on this one. Maaco is terrible. The 2k will be THE BEST 2k put into your car. And the paint will actually last unlike the sh*tty paints they use.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:

You want measurements ?
Yeah a good picture straight on with the taillight in the picture too and then some solid measurements would be awesome so I can keep them and install mine right when I buy another sticker.

Also I wouldn't waste your money on maaco paint jobs. Could do better yourself. I paid 2200 about 12-13 years ago. Sure it's a little more today. Paint has gone up a lot over the years. Just search around to paint body shops. Ask around who does really good quality paint jobs.

Oh and when you have it painted. Make sure they keep the side molds the flat color and not shiny/glossy black look.
Sybesma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post

Please trust me on this one. Maaco is terrible. The 2k will be THE BEST 2k put into your car. And the paint will actually last unlike the sh*tty paints they use.
Ill just have to save up for a lil bit longer.

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybesma07 View Post

Yeah a good picture straight on with the taillight in the picture too and then some solid measurements would be awesome so I can keep them and install mine right when I buy another sticker.

Also I wouldn't waste your money on maaco paint jobs. Could do better yourself. I paid 2200 about 12-13 years ago. Sure it's a little more today. Paint has gone up a lot over the years. Just search around to paint body shops. Ask around who does really good quality paint jobs.

Oh and when you have it painted. Make sure they keep the side molds the flat color and not shiny/glossy black look.
Ill do that tonight around 4 0r 5
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. If this is a paint job you want to last, do it yourself or just save up to have a reputable shop do it. I'm thinking of doing my own in stages.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

My interior is the canyon red, so I'm thinking of going black on the outside...... What do y'all think?

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Then matte black for the hood stripe and GT logo, trim and other decals.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree. If this is a paint job you want to last, do it yourself or just save up to have a reputable shop do it. I'm thinking of doing my own in stages.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

My interior is the canyon red, so I'm thinking of going black on the outside...... What do y'all think?
I was gonna do black but i decided not to because thats what everyone does. But you really don't have that many choices with a red interior
Old 08-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Then matte black for the hood stripe and GT logo, trim and other decals.
Ok yeah you should get that lol matte black for decals loving it
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Ok 19mm from the bottom of the trunk to the bottom of the sticker and 27.5 from the side to the bottom of the M

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I did it in mm for you guys that want to be dead on lol
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Good call, thanks for the measurements!

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Yeah, I haven't decided on paint yet, I just really like the looks of black when it's clean. I have a 2012 f150 that's tuxedo black, had a 2010 mustang GT that was black, a Harley that was vivid black...... Can you see a pattern, lol!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Yeah, I haven't decided on paint yet, I just really like the looks of black when it's clean. I have a 2012 f150 that's tuxedo black, had a 2010 mustang GT that was black, a Harley that was vivid black...... Can you see a pattern, lol!
My dad has a 2012 platinum
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My dad has a 2012 platinum
I like those, very nice trucks! If I could afford it I'd love to have a raptor.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I like those, very nice trucks! If I could afford it I'd love to have a raptor.
I was trying to convince him to trade it in for a raptor or a shelby he considered a shelby more
Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, for the average guy I thinks it's hard to justify a raptor, but they certainly are nice and have all kinds of goodies.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, for the average guy I thinks it's hard to justify a raptor, but they certainly are nice and have all kinds of goodies.
I suppose im not average than
Old 08-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok 19mm from the bottom of the trunk to the bottom of the sticker and 27.5 from the side to the bottom of the M

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I did it in mm for you guys that want to be dead on lol
Thanks for the measurements. Think you could take a straight on picture with the taillight in it too. Reason is the 27.5 is a tough measurement since its rounded. Wanna see where it lines up with the red to yellow in the tail light. Last request ha. How's the 373 gears going? I just order me some too. Hope to get them installed next week. Also just got a 5 lug conversion off a sn95. Put that on my 88 mustang.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I love black, Grey's and white. Hard part about yours is you have to change it from red to black and cost almost double to get all the door jams, under hood etc. I'll have to find pictures of my red 86 GT convertible. I loved how the red turned out. Color white has really been growing on me. Black everything else out. Looks sharp.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the measurements. Think you could take a straight on picture with the taillight in it too. Reason is the 27.5 is a tough measurement since its rounded. Wanna see where it lines up with the red to yellow in the tail light. Last request ha. How's the 373 gears going? I just order me some too. Hope to get them installed next week. Also just got a 5 lug conversion off a sn95. Put that on my 88 mustang.
Oh crap i took one that day aswell just forgot to show you guys im sorry man lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1398569356.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	444.9 KB
ID:	126427  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I suppose im not average than
Me either! Lol I just don't want to pay for one!

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote:

Yeah I love black, Grey's and white. Hard part about yours is you have to change it from red to black and cost almost double to get all the door jams, under hood etc. I'll have to find pictures of my red 86 GT convertible. I loved how the red turned out. Color white has really been growing on me. Black everything else out. Looks sharp.
I like black too..... But I've had whites, blues and reds before. The white with black does look good.

I'm just thinking of breaking the color scheme of my car up a bit. It's red with black trim on the outside and canyon red with the grey piping on the inside..... Just too much red for my taste. My first 86 was broken up with red and grey exterior and the grey with red piping inside.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh crap i took one that day aswell just forgot to show you guys im sorry man lol
Notice my broken window and crappy top. Thatll be gone soon
Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that is a lot of red and the red interior is not my favorite. Could always keep the car red/flat black trim and then go with a grey or black leather interior. I even like that Mach 1 set kit they make a lot. It's black with a red strip 3/4 up on the back rest. Have you seen those? I had a red mustang black trim with all white leather interior and white top. Very nice but sucked keeping the white clean.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Notice my broken window and crappy top. Thatll be gone soon
Good luck with installing the new top ha. My dad and I put a new one on when I was back in high school. Wasn't fun but worth it in the end. The second one would be easier. Don't buy the cheap kit. My friend did and he said he'll never buy that one again.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #59

Region: North Carolina
Yo snake! My opinion on your future paint job, don't do it yourself unless your a good painter it's hard and lots of work!!!! ALOT!!! I stripped a 89 lx to metal (more work than your looking for, maybe) painted it gunmetal grey. Your probably looking at least 3k for a good job, and ask to see the work they've done. As far as color sounds like you know how to maintain black(not easy lots of wax and careful washing as you know!) and brands DuPont chroma base and chroma clear this is really good paint, unless you stick with black than lesser brands work but stick with a good clear coat!!!
91Bluepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bluepony View Post
Yo snake! My opinion on your future paint job, don't do it yourself unless your a good painter it's hard and lots of work!!!! ALOT!!! I stripped a 89 lx to metal (more work than your looking for, maybe) painted it gunmetal grey. Your probably looking at least 3k for a good job, and ask to see the work they've done. As far as color sounds like you know how to maintain black(not easy lots of wax and careful washing as you know!) and brands DuPont chroma base and chroma clear this is really good paint, unless you stick with black than lesser brands work but stick with a good clear coat!!!
Im not planning on painting it myself lol only thing i would do is sand and get it ready for paint to cut the cost.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT