Door handle/ lock actuator rivets? Help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Door handle/ lock actuator rivets? Help!!

Hey I have a 1994 gt and I am putting a new door on. I want to use the power lock actuator out of my old door and old door's door handle. I have a assortment of rivets but the big rivet that holds the lock actuator to to inside I the door Is huge. Say the actuator rivet is the size of a quarter the biggest rivet I have is a nickel size. Will that work?? As for the door handle the 2 "rivets" holding it on the door don't look like rivets at all, they're round but they don't taper like rivets they don't have the hole on the middle either for punching the center out before drilling like rivets do. How do I go about swapping the old door handle, lock actuator, from my old door to the new one. Thanks
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
Hey I have a 1994 gt and I am putting a new door on. I want to use the power lock actuator out of my old door and old door's door handle. I have a assortment of rivets but the big rivet that holds the lock actuator to to inside I the door Is huge. Say the actuator rivet is the size of a quarter the biggest rivet I have is a nickel size. Will that work?? As for the door handle the 2 "rivets" holding it on the door don't look like rivets at all, they're round but they don't taper like rivets they don't have the hole on the middle either for punching the center out before drilling like rivets do. How do I go about swapping the old door handle, lock actuator, from my old door to the new one. Thanks
Never mind, I found out that the door handle on 94 to 04's are held on with a nut, there are 2 of them and as for the power locking actuator the one in the new door still works so I will leave it alone but keep my old one as a spare.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT