95 gt cold start, stalling at idle issues.. need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
95 gt cold start, stalling at idle issues.. need help

this issue has been getting worse fo the last week or 2.. when I go out and fire the car up it'll stall 2-3 times from a cold start and bog down and stall going into gear.. it'll idle pretty good if its warmed up, it usually only does this crap when I first start it.. there's no vacuum leaks that I can find, all the sensors are reading right according to my multimeter, all the injectors are working, and its getting spark.. might also be related, but it seems it has a slight miss under 1500ish rpms.. it'll stumble over itself at idle some times. timing ******/advance do nothing for it...I'm really at a loss
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

well, I went out and cleaned my iacv and the plastic spring on tthe plunger was broken in multiple places so that was prolly part of the problem.. I put it back on and it idled at 3000... I don't have the cash to buy an iacv so I made a restrictor gasket and gutted the iacv. put it back together and it idles around 1000, now its got a really small vacuum leak but it idles and drives.

oh, and I think the previous owner stripped the bottom iac bolt because when it gets to the point it should snug up it just spins so I'm prolly gonna have to drill and tap my throttlebody...awesome.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
well, I went out and cleaned my iacv and the plastic spring on tthe plunger was broken in multiple places so that was prolly part of the problem.. I put it back on and it idled at 3000... I don't have the cash to buy an iacv so I made a restrictor gasket and gutted the iacv. put it back together and it idles around 1000, now its got a really small vacuum leak but it idles and drives.

oh, and I think the previous owner stripped the bottom iac bolt because when it gets to the point it should snug up it just spins so I'm prolly gonna have to drill and tap my throttlebody...awesome.
That will do it. Also old cap and rotor as well. IAC isn't cheap. Just paid $120 for a new one last fall. Same problem. Car wouldn't idle and when it did it was around 2500rpm.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker View Post

That will do it. Also old cap and rotor as well. IAC isn't cheap. Just paid $120 for a new one last fall. Same problem. Car wouldn't idle and when it did it was around 2500rpm.
Yeah, luckily autozone has em for about 56 bucks around here. See, before I cleaned it it would idle, but it sounded like it was missing and just stumbled over itself every few minutes.
The restrictor gaskets working for now but its not adjustable so it still idles like crap. At least it idles right around 1000 so its livable to get back and forth to work. It wasn't safe to drive with a 3000rpm idle

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT