Mustang subframe connector bolt on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Mustang subframe connector bolt on

On American muscle they have sr bolt on subframe connector for 280 and I was thinking instead of getting the other one and paying for welding to buy these has anyone tried them and are they worth it
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I haven't used those specifically, but I have bolt-in sfc in both my Stangs. Welded Is definitely better, but I highly recommend them regardless of what you get. My new edge handles like its on rails (although i have other suspension mods), and i havent had any issues with them. Plus down the road, I can always get them welded if I so please. You might be able to find a better deal on C.L. (that's where I got mine from) or ebay. Id check there first, just in case. Just my .02

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Don't get bolt on ones, they won't do much... Get Steeda or MM full length weld in ones.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
On American muscle they have sr bolt on subframe connector for 280 and I was thinking instead of getting the other one and paying for welding to buy these has anyone tried them and are they worth it
I think you'll be really happy with the bolt in SR Performance Sub Frame Connectors! Subframe connectors are one of the first modifications that should be done to any uni-body vehicle. This item is designed to stop unwanted chasis flex, while still improving handling! Sub frame connectors are also super easy to install, especially the bolt on kind. They bolt to the engine k-member up front and to the lower control arm bolt and torque box in the rear.

Later down the road if you wanted to improve these even more, you could weld them to the car. The 2004 Mach 1 has bolt on sub frame connectors from the factory and they work great. I ended up welding them to my Mach 1for a little more structural support!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

I think you'll be really happy with the bolt in SR Performance Sub Frame Connectors! Subframe connectors are one of the first modifications that should be done to any uni-body vehicle. This item is designed to stop unwanted chasis flex, while still improving handling! Sub frame connectors are also super easy to install, especially the bolt on kind. They bolt to the engine k-member up front and to the lower control arm bolt and torque box in the rear.

Later down the road if you wanted to improve these even more, you could weld them to the car. The 2004 Mach 1 has bolt on sub frame connectors from the factory and they work great. I ended up welding them to my Mach 1for a little more structural support!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
That's exactly what I did with the bolt ons on my New Edge. Got them from a guy who took them off his Mach 1, and welded them in place

Otherwise I woulda bought them from AM

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I like the BBK ones

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...ame-connectors
01LaserCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
ALWAYS weld. Any excuse of why you didn't weld is bull**** for you not wanting to pay to have them properly installed. Oh and the steedas are the best ones and it isn't even close.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
People say the SR aren't even full length , and are thin.. Just cheap

You should check out the latemodelresto SVE ones , cheap and very identical to the MM ones ,
If not just get the MM ones
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Steedas are like $140 on AM and are the only ones that come with the extra plates for bracing. All the SR stuff is meh.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
People say the SR aren't even full length , and are thin.. Just cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
All the SR stuff is meh.
Hey Guys,

These SR Performance Sub Frame connectors are fabricated in the US from chromoly tubing. They're also powder coated for durability and to prevent any corrosion. These are extremely well made and are just as good, if not better than any other bolt on sub frame connector on the market.

I do agree that a bolt on version may not be as affective as a weld in version but it's definitely more convenient and will still make a big difference. Like I said above, if you'd like to weld them in later there's no problem with that!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol convenient... When talking about the structural ridgidity of a vehicle and a safety item you do it the correct way and the correct way only. Any good shop welding in subframes will have you in and out pretty quick not to mention you aren't putting a bunch of holes in your car. There is only one correct way to do subframes and that is to weld them in.

$140 or so for the Steeda units and then another $200-$300 to have them installed by a good shop. No idea why you'd drop double that on units without the extra bracing plates the steedas have and save very little in the end for a far inferior setup.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT