Whats rhe weekend project? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Whats rhe weekend project?

Just finished up putting new door handles on the 91 and went ahead and got fan and brackets off for water pump to be changes next weekend.anything to save time for the water pump.notice power steering pump has little play in it,would that make a squeeling sound while giving it gas.
Liebert91stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebert91stang View Post
Just finished up putting new door handles on the 91 and went ahead and got fan and brackets off for water pump to be changes next weekend.anything to save time for the water pump.notice power steering pump has little play in it,would that make a squeeling sound while giving it gas.
Absolutely! If the belt has any play, it'll squeal. when you gas it. After you change the water pump, be sure to properly tension your belt. If the power steering pump has play, your bearing in the pump could be failing. When you say it has play, is it how it's mounted, or is the shaft in the pump wiggling?
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I believe the bearings are going out.i can wiggle the pulley a little bit.guess that next to change.appreciate the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe the bearings are going out.i can wiggle the pulley a little bit.guess that next to change.appreciate the info
Ugh! That sucks man. It that the same reason you're changing the water pump? If so, the belt may have been too tight.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yes my low coolant light been staying on and been hearing something squeeling when I give it gas.think pump going out and it's never been changed to my knowledge.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
For me, installed my 3G alternator upgrade finally and chased some wiring under the dash. Guy before me had a viper alarm system on the car that left a birds nest under the dash and had taps into all kinds of factory wiring. Next week I'm going to try and delete the A/C which no longer holds coolant and the smog pump.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
For me, installed my 3G alternator upgrade finally and chased some wiring under the dash. Guy before me had a viper alarm system on the car that left a birds nest under the dash and had taps into all kinds of factory wiring. Next week I'm going to try and delete the A/C which no longer holds coolant and the smog pump.
My GT has an aftermarket alarm that sometimes misbehaves. I'd love to yank it out, but then would have the same problem as you with wiring. I feel your pain!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I always hate rewiring or cleaning up a nest that someone else has done.crazy to try to figure out what someone was thinking when they wire something
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post

My GT has an aftermarket alarm that sometimes misbehaves. I'd love to yank it out, but then would have the same problem as you with wiring. I feel your pain!
Yeah, this one would automatically lock the doors after you start it, almost locked myself out several times. I think it was also a source of constant draw on the battery.... With the 3G alternator upgrade it should be good anyway, but it was a back job at best. They even spliced the ignition wire with an extension, put a little jumper box on it and inserted a jump wire to comets the circuit. Just crazy. Maybe that was there way of preventing theft, lol! Pull the jumper wire and take it with you.... Hahaha! Things people do make no sense! The only thing I have to chase it the electric locks stopped working. So I have to see where they spliced the wire and reconnect.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote:
I always hate rewiring or cleaning up a nest that someone else has done.crazy to try to figure out what someone was thinking when they wire something
Exactly! I'm still chasing wires that just go to nothing or taking out wires from some hack job radio/sub install.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, this one would automatically lock the doors after you start it, almost locked myself out several times. I think it was also a source of constant draw on the battery.... With the 3G alternator upgrade it should be good anyway, but it was a back job at best. They even spliced the ignition wire with an extension, put a little jumper box on it and inserted a jump wire to comets the circuit. Just crazy. Maybe that was there way of preventing theft, lol! Pull the jumper wire and take it with you.... Hahaha! Things people do make no sense! The only thing I have to chase it the electric locks stopped working. So I have to see where they spliced the wire and reconnect.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Exactly! I'm still chasing wires that just go to nothing or taking out wires from some hack job radio/sub install.
I totally get that. Mine just randomly goes off for no reason. Lights and horn, middle of the night, in my garage. Gotta love that modern technology!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

I totally get that. Mine just randomly goes off for no reason. Lights and horn, middle of the night, in my garage. Gotta love that modern technology!
It's lonely. Better get it a companion. Lol.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker View Post

It's lonely. Better get it a companion. Lol.
Ha! Maybe she is lonely! I just sold my 05 V6.They made a happy, sexy couple.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Ha! Maybe she is lonely! I just sold my 05 V6.They made a happy, sexy couple.
Lol.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lol! Maybe that's it! They just want some company! Lol
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol! Maybe that's it! They just want some company! Lol
Hey, I'm all for whatever makes my girl happy! Unfortunately, it'd mean my wife would get to drive a new Roush or Shelby. In this family, we upgrade. Fair is fair.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT