Project 351W - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GHOSTFOX View Post

My brother is getting 420 HP and 470 tq in his 92 GT vert if I remember right he had his stock 302 reinforced the then machine over to a 306 later he put aluminum heads a trickflow intake a b303 cam and a praxton prochager running 8 pounds of boost I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot but these are what I remember ill ask him and report back
Thanks Ghostfox but I'm going on a different route on this build. It is a 351w thread, I don't mean to be rude either bud
RoCoBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCoBass View Post

Thanks Ghostfox but I'm going on a different route on this build. It is a 351w thread, I don't mean to be rude either bud
Hey I understand man just was putting it out there if a 306 can get it a 351 should be a walk in the park with the right parts
88GHOSTFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCoBass View Post
Hi everyone! Just bought a '97 F4TE 5.8L to drop into my Sunday driver 91GT over this Winter. My goal is about 450 HP NA. Budget... about 2k. I'd really appreciate advice from those of u who have done this swap before as far as what to avoid & the must haves. I'd like to carry over my ped-mount crane cam 1.7 rr so if u know of some heads to fit those onto please suggest. Other than that I'm all open for suggestions please chime in w/ suggestions and or comments. Thanx
If you're heads that had those rockers on them were not stock they will work on the 351. Intake is slightly wider than a 302 but heads inter change. Could save you some money. I built a331 stroker that makes 412 RWHP but have almost 9k in machine work, parts and injectors to support that much power. Will have almost 30k in whole resto-mod when I'm done
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Horse View Post

If you're heads that had those rockers on them were not stock they will work on the 351. Intake is slightly wider than a 302 but heads inter change. Could save you some money. I built a331 stroker that makes 412 RWHP but have almost 9k in machine work, parts and injectors to support that much power. Will have almost 30k in whole resto-mod when I'm done
Roller rockers are pedestal mount & are on stock e7 ported heads. I want to go minimum 185 alumn.heads, don't know brand yet. 1st gonna focus on lower rotating assembly. Krazy Horse, what car do u have this 331 into?
RoCoBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I'm building an 88 hatch gt. Check speed way mirrors for heads. They have flotech heads for around 800 a set. Don't remember the specs but they pull like hell and come completely assembled .
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You get what you pay for, those heads are not even in the same quality universe as the AFR/TFS/Edels etc... I'd just get a set of 205 CC TFS heads and go.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT