need some help for goals! 87lx - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
need some help for goals! 87lx

I got my muatang about a month ago and love it...not as fast as I want yet but my goals aren't crazy I really want about 350 to 380 hp. Turbo woukd be nice as always I I thibk I read it comes with forged pistons not to sure about the rods..I'm wondering what is some good upgrades for performance, and even just tricks to take care of these cars I really know nothing about these cars. I'm willing to do my own research so just some advice on what to search...thanks you guys for reading and or replying
Angel Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #2

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rogers View Post
I got my muatang about a month ago and love it...not as fast as I want yet but my goals aren't crazy I really want about 350 to 380 hp. Turbo woukd be nice as always I I thibk I read it comes with forged pistons not to sure about the rods..I'm wondering what is some good upgrades for performance, and even just tricks to take care of these cars I really know nothing about these cars. I'm willing to do my own research so just some advice on what to search...thanks you guys for reading and or replying
First thing is exhaust. Actually first thing is making sure your air intake silencer has been removed. A good tune up could do wonders for you. 3.73 gears if its a standard. 4.10s if it an automatic. Get some gt40 alluminum heads and some subframe connectors. The rest depends on what route you wanna go. Thats the best start though. Also some decent rubber

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Also advance your timing. Doing that and advancing your timing are two free "tricks" for performance.
Shibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Trick flow offers a top end kit (h/c/i) and it boosts your HP to about 350. A lot less work than throwing an unnecessary turbo or supercharger on while keeping reliability.
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #4

Thanks man for replying! Ill look into.that thank you!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No problem man. I was looking into buying a fox before I bought my 65 so I researched this **** like crazy haha
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley View Post

First thing is exhaust. Actually first thing is making sure your air intake silencer has been removed. A good tune up could do wonders for you. 3.73 gears if its a standard. 4.10s if it an automatic. Get some gt40 alluminum heads and some subframe connectors. The rest depends on what route you wanna go. Thats the best start though. Also some decent rubber

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Also advance your timing. Doing that and advancing your timing are two free "tricks" for performance.
Thanks so much man. My gears aren't stock though I know there lower.and advance just about 1degree? And new tires and struts and exhaust are all happening this month
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Most of us advance it to 14 make sure you run premium fuel after that
3stangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT