heat question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
heat question

Do people typically remove both the a/c and heat on foxbodys or just the a/c??? Trying to find out if my heater coil is bad or if it has been renoved
88GHOSTFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #2

Region: North Carolina
Heater core?? And no not typical to remove it just the ac it frees a few more ponies cuz the engine isn't working to turn the ac clutch.. The core is just hot water from your cooling system, if you didn't know.... Bad cores will either send steam through your vents or leak inside your car. Any of that? I've had one crap out while driving not cool!!! It steamed my whole car and I couldn't see! You can check the hoses that go into your fire wall and see if they're not blocked off.
91Bluepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well unless they are serious about weight removal, I would tend to think not. Its a lot of labor to remove a heater core. If your concerned about yours you can check to see if you have two vertical holes on the passenger side of the firewall in the engine bay. If you see two short metal pipe ends sticking out of them, then the heater core is still there. If you don't see them, chances are it isn't. But usually the heater core is still hooked up unless its leaking. Do you currently get heat from the vents? Are you looking to replace it? What are you planning on doing?

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bluepony View Post
Heater core?? And no not typical to remove it just the ac it frees a few more ponies cuz the engine isn't working to turn the ac clutch.. The core is just hot water from your cooling system, if you didn't know.... Bad cores will either send steam through your vents or leak inside your car. Any of that? I've had one crap out while driving not cool!!! It steamed my whole car and I couldn't see! You can check the hoses that go into your fire wall and see if they're not blocked off.
Thanks for correcting me could always use the right info. I'm not really sure if anything is leaking I only tryed turning the heat on once since I've had the car which is about 3 or 4 months
88GHOSTFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Happened to me also 91blue. Twice actually, once in each car. Definitely not fun. And all wiping it did was smear it. I still have yet to replace it in my sn. Lol
3stangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT